Where Is Better Vietnam Or Phillipines For 7 Day Break

dmax

bearing in mind im going with the wife and 6 month old baby daughter i want to know where would be better for us to go for a nice 1 week break away from thailand. want somewhere cheap with nice beaches so i hear phils is good but heard some horror stories about kids being sold on the streets etc i dont know as ive never been,or vietnam ? is there nice resorts in vietnam,beaches ? is vietnam cheap compared to thailand ? im a guy so i like a beer and some eye candy while im sinking a cool one so advise please, thanks

Edited by dmax

I have a certain sympathy for the Filipino people and love the many unspoiled nature places of that country, and I am definitely NOT a fan of that super-corrupt and paranoia-ridden country Vietnam, but with a toddler I would for sure go to VIETNAM: easy to get there from BKK, far less crime, better food and a lot of beach destinations that are suitable for a young family.

Phu-Quoc, in particular. check www.phuquoc-vietnam.com

you can straight hop on a short domestic flight (40 Mins or so) at HCMC.

Manila is more than double the flight time, flights are not really cheap at the moment, and then u would still have to fly to any other place in the Phils. No doubt that Boracay is a nice place to party and has lovely beaches, but with a toddler - go to Vietnam-

Boracay is very nice, but not easy to get to -- I was stranded there for five days because they couldn't get a plane in to take people out -- Not a problem for me, but you should have seen the Europeans who had non-refundable return flight tickets out of Manila-- bouncing off the walls and going BOZO because there was no way to get there in time to meet their departure oblilgation!

The boat in the above posted photo is a "Banca" ( Long-Tail boat in Thailand ) -- Loud and very rough traveling in rocky seas and the ONLY way over to Boracay from the nearby island with a basic primitive landing-strip type airport.

Not a good choice for a family with a toddler.

And for the guy who couldn't find good food in Cebu, I can't imagine where you were looking. Many great food venues.

My favorite, the Golden Cowrie -- Best atmosphere on the planet and if you can't find something that suits your taste on their extensive menu, it's just possible that you don't like food :)

http://www.philippinesinsider.com/restaura...estaurant-cebu/