Red Shirts Expect 1 Million People To Join Rally From Nov 29

george

"It is also unfortunate this potentially disruptive "rally" will take place on the verge of the high season, just as the fragile Thai economy is starting to show latent positive signs"

Oh I love this comment. Do you happen to remember Tuesday September 19, 2006? Was the last coup staged on the verge of the high season and how about November 26, 2008, does that date ring a bell in your echo chamber?,No? conveniently forgot? Let me give you a hint, airport closure in Thailand, 1000's of people strandard as PAD protesters close airport. Ah not to worry that didn't affect tourism one little bit.

I must have missed the part where someone claimed the coup and the airport closure hadn't affected tourism. Who is this person and when did they claim it Lensta?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess the other 50 million Thai people who can vote have no say! The "Red Shirts" have decided what is good for the country and they are right and everybody else is wrong, even if they are not the majority.

Of course the words "red shirts" in your post are equally interchangeable with "Council For National Security" or "Yellow Shirts" :)

Edited by mca

"It is also unfortunate this potentially disruptive "rally" will take place on the verge of the high season, just as the fragile Thai economy is starting to show latent positive signs"

Oh I love this comment. Do you happen to remember Tuesday September 19, 2006? Was the last coup staged on the verge of the high season and how about November 26, 2008, does that date ring a bell in your echo chamber?,No? conveniently forgot? Let me give you a hint, airport closure in Thailand, 1000's of people strandard as PAD protesters close airport. Ah not to worry that didn't affect tourism one little bit.

I must have missed the part where someone claimed the coup and the airport closure hadn't affected tourism. Who is this person and when did they claim it Lensta?

If you read the post, I never said that someone claimed that the coup and airport closure hadn't affected tourism, that someone just conveniently forgot to metion it. If it was stated that the yellows <deleted> cked up tourism last high season and the reds look like doing it this season, I wouldn't have made the comment. So before you ask stupid questions please read the post properly and make sure that you understand it.

If you read the post

I did read it thanks.

Via sarcasm, you accused someone of saying that the coup and the airport occupation hadn't affected tourism, simply based on the fact that they mentioned the red's protest over Christmas might have an adverse affect on tourism, without also mentioning previously disruptive acts of the yellows.

Let's not talk about stupid questions, let's talk about stupid and hastily formed conclusions based on no evidence whatsoever.

If you read the post

I did read it thanks.

Via sarcasm, you accused someone of saying that the coup and the airport occupation hadn't affected tourism, simply based on the fact that they mentioned the red's protest over Christmas might have an adverse affect on tourism, without also mentioning previously disruptive acts of the yellows.

Let's not talk about stupid questions, let's talk about stupid and hastily formed conclusions based on no evidence whatsoever.

As I said try to read and understand the post. I guess that seeing as I wrote it, I should know what I mean. However you interpret it as an accusation, feel free and twist it around to suit yourself.

Interesting all the push for change of government now and the talk of before February being crucial and of course specualion that Abhisit will go for an election in June. the unmentionable one has an article today explaining why an election before September next year is unlikely if the government (minus maybe Abhisit) and their backers have their way, barring a red success in bringing them down of course. Many analysts and news reports are missing a potential huge handover. Have a look at the unmentionable media mouthpiece if you get a chance.

Forget about election dates. The most important date coming is the final ruling on Thaksin's seized assets. If the ruling takes his money, and returns it to the government coffers (where it came from in the first place....lol).

That is certainly a driving force right now.

As I said try to read and understand the post. I guess that seeing as I wrote it, I should know what I mean. However you interpret it as an accusation, feel free and twist it around to suit yourself.

Was or was not your last sentence in the quoted text at the bottom, "Ah not to worry that didn't affect tourism one little bit" a sarcastic remark? I assume it must have been for it would be a very stupid thing to say seriously, and so it's a natural conclusion to make that the purpose of saying it was to mock someone who you believed did think that tourism wasn't affected by the PADs actions. Except that nobody has ever stated that. You simply imagined it.

Just because someone has mentioned that if the Reds protest over Christmas it will badly affect tourism, you have taken that to mean that they are in some way condoning the actions of the PAD, or that they are denying that the PADs actions had an affect on tourism.

What was that about twisting you were saying? Let's twist again, like we did last summer?

Let me give you a hint, airport closure in Thailand, 1000's of people strandard as PAD protesters close airport. Ah not to worry that didn't affect tourism one little bit.

Interesting all the push for change of government now and the talk of before February being crucial and of course specualion that Abhisit will go for an election in June. the unmentionable one has an article today explaining why an election before September next year is unlikely if the government (minus maybe Abhisit) and their backers have their way, barring a red success in bringing them down of course. Many analysts and news reports are missing a potential huge handover. Have a look at the unmentionable media mouthpiece if you get a chance.

Well, I think we're at least allowed to mention the Bangkok Post (but I share what I think are your views about not being able to do much more than that). That being the case, it's presumably permitted to also mention the name of the article's author - Wassana Nanuam (who writes regularly with an insider's insight into army matters) to help others find it. I won't push my luck further and say anything more than that her articles always illuminate and this one is no exception.

Does anyone doubt that the army plays an ongoing pivotal role in Thai politics?

If you read the post

I did read it thanks.

You keep saying to read it and I'd like to, but in going back and trying to find it, it seems that it has been deleted.

Yeah, you won't go wrong by following the money. Consider how revolutionary Thaksin would be if there was no money in the game for him.

I understand your thesis on following the money, Jingthing.

What therefore is your view on the actions and desires of others who have large funds in this country.

In the run up to the demo we will see the red side saying anything they can to excite and anger their supporters and get them onto the streets: true, embellished or totally fictitious.

In the run up to the demo we will see the government side saying anything they can to dampen down interst in the rally and make it seem unnecessary or inapppropriate whether what they sya be true, embellished or totally fictitious.

And of course both want to at least influence if not win over a bit of non-attending public opinion

The game goes on.

"Since the necessary determination to press on in spite of failure - a determination that every [successful person] must have - is indistinguishable from the futile determination to persist in a hopeless cause, the possibilities for self-delusion are infinite." - Clive James, Australian writer.

Clive is also a professional comedian / chatshow hosty of course.

Remember Thaksin's projections for elite card sales? This revolution, same same. Wake up. His political career in Thailand is FINISHED.

I don't think he'll be the next prime minister, but if he came back would you go into hiding and change your username.

You seem a bit obsessed, imho, with Mr T , as another poster observed. Can you occasionally see other perspectives?

Remember Thaksin's projections for elite card sales? This revolution, same same. Wake up. His political career in Thailand is FINISHED.

I don't think he'll be the next prime minister, but if he came back would you go into hiding and change your username.

You seem a bit obsessed, imho, with Mr T , as another poster observed. Can you occasionally see other perspectives?

Sometimes people on here do get a bit carried away but at the end of the day it is almost totally just the opinions of a few foreigners enjoying banter, or I hope it is!

The Thai webboards are a lot more extreme on both sides and involve people who do actaully have a say in determining their future. At times some of the extreme stuff on those worries me.

Anyway I think a nice afternoon of good wine and food awaits me today so I'll pack my own personal mini obsession with Thai poltics and thinking anyone cares about my opinions on here away and depart. Enjoy the banter.

Sometimes people on here do get a bit carried away but at the end of the day it is almost totally just the opinions of a few foreigners enjoying banter, or I hope it is!

The Thai webboards are a lot more extreme on both sides and involve people who do actaully have a say in determining their future. At times some of the extreme stuff on those worries me.

Anyway I think a nice afternoon of good wine and food awaits me today so I'll pack my own personal mini obsession with Thai poltics and thinking anyone cares about my opinions on here away and depart. Enjoy the banter.

Bon appetit!

If you read the post

I did read it thanks.

You keep saying to read it and I'd like to, but in going back and trying to find it, it seems that it has been deleted.

Sorry Bowin, It wasn't me who deleted it.