Wireless 'workspace' In Bangkok?

HalfSquat

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I can turn up with my laptop and connect to a wifi network (or plug in a cable) and use the Internet for 3-4 hours.

I'm thinking a pub or cafe or somewhere like that but perhaps there are other places. I've tried Starbucks but find the tokens for the Internet a bit hit and miss. Maybe they even have wifi zones in malls?

I imagine I will have to buy drinks or food but hoping to not have to spend lots of baht.

I would be going in the morning a couple of days a week from around 9am to midday or 1pm.

If you could give some idea of cost that would be could and the nearer a BTS the better.

Thank you very much.

I hope it's okay to mention here on this forum that Stickman at www.stickmanbangkok.com (if I remember rightly) has kept a fairly comprehensive log of free wi-fi spots in Bangkok for at least the past five years since I first found it.

There are probably many other lists here on this forum, but that one is just one I remember that might be of some help.

Please excuse me if the link is not welcome.

I hope it's okay to mention here on this forum that Stickman at www.stickmanbangkok.com (if I remember rightly) has kept a fairly comprehensive log of free wi-fi spots in Bangkok for at least the past five years since I first found it.

There are probably many other lists here on this forum, but that one is just one I remember that might be of some help.

Another stickman worshipper....

I'm going to follow this thread as I will likely be looking for the same thing early next month when (if) I get a laptop to work from.

I know that the crossbar pub has free wi-fi and is fairly quiet during the daytime, although for me personally knowing people there may be too much of a distraction for me.

Asoke BTS - Take the exit for Exchange tower (walk through the bldg, exit along Starbucks) and walk to Soi 16. Coffee Alley (coffee, cakes etc) which is a 100 meters or less from the entrance from the Soi has free wifi. Laid back staff - quite a few regulars that fire up their laptops before ordering anything. Has indoor and outdoor seating.

Another stickman worshipper....

No, actually.

True has some very nice i-cafes; Siam Paragon, Siam Center and Tonglor. You can buy a True Wi-Fi unlimited account for I think 500 baht a month. There are True hotspots all over

Here is their hotspot map - I couldn't get English working for this. http://www.truewifi.net/th/02hotspots/search.jsp

It's more expense but a real office you can check out http://www.regus.co.th - they have by the hour and day

Also many big hotel chains have business centers, again not free but you have a desk, good chair, quiet.

You know I've wondered if this is a business for some one. Real desk and chair, wi-fi, basic office, rent by the hour, week, month, but not in high price locations and posh like Regis. Could be an open plan room. Close to BTS.

Thirdplacebangkok.com

Soi 10 on Thong Lor, top level. Has space, variety of seats, wifi, power outlets, coffee and food.

Seconding this. I use it as a second office when I want to get out of the condo for some reason. Very reasonable monthly rates come with all kinds of "free" drink coupons and such. It's pretty quiet and set up pretty well for offsite workers.

Thirdplacebangkok.com

Soi 10 on Thong Lor, top level. Has space, variety of seats, wifi, power outlets, coffee and food.

Seconding this. I use it as a second office when I want to get out of the condo for some reason. Very reasonable monthly rates come with all kinds of "free" drink coupons and such. It's pretty quiet and set up pretty well for offsite workers.

Is that near Thong Lor bts?