Internet View Talay 1 A

willyumcr

I would like some ideas on internet connection for condo View Talay 1 building A. I do not wish to use View Talay Wireless. Expensive at 1,500 month. Anybody have experience with TOT here or other cable? I am now using a Alfa antenne and am getting Kirz wireless at 1,000 month but it is unreliable. Any help or experience here gratefully appreciated.

ADSL will be cost 1100+ phone 100 . 300 baht who cares ?

And i think you can share your wifi connection :)

/quote]

Thanks. By coincidence I lost my KIRZ connection. Went to TOT and got 3meg for 519 month. Free hook up and modem. No need phone. Quick as they will be here Monday or Tuesday. There is a one time connection fee here in View Talay of 1,500 to run cable to room. Hope it works out OK. :D

519 thb a month ? Is it a special promotion ? And what is the minimum contract period ? (usually 1 year?)

And you also don't need to pay for a phone line, so how to they bring the internet signal to the room ?

Thanks.

Yes, it is a special promotion for this month. Yes, there is a 1 year contract. I actually had the girlfriend talk to them. I am a little unsure why no phone but understand it is a cable. Will find out Monday or Tuesday when they come. Girlfriend did make it plain we did not want phone service. Maybe comes in phone line, but no need to pay for phone service, just Internet. After I find out, will report back to the forum.

Did they call you or did you call them to remind them to come ?

They might have forgotten !

Actually I am waiting your agreement :-) because I will apply for this Tot internet promotion before the end of the month if you tell us that it works !

I haven't called them. But I will by 1:00pm if I don't hear from them. Probably pretty busy with this promotion.

Did they call you or did you call them to remind them to come ?

They might have forgotten !

Actually I am waiting your agreement :-) because I will apply for this Tot internet promotion before the end of the month if you tell us that it works !

I haven't called them. But I will by 1:00pm if I don't hear from them. Probably pretty busy with this promotion.

Tuesday,

1045am OK. I heard from TOT. Now they want my girlfriend to come in and give copy of her address in providence where she lives and her picture. She is on way to TOT now. Also said it will be another week. So frustrating. Why they didn't ask for this information when she was in office last Friday. TIT. Sorry for bad news.

1230 It gets worse. When girlfriend went to office, she had to pay 1,605 baht installation fee. I believe this is fee for “Internet number”.(phone ?). Then when she got home, TOT called and told her to come back as they forgot to give her the modem, no charge. Also told her here in View Talay 1 can not get 3mega service, only 2 mega service (490 baht month) . All of this entirely different from what they said last Friday. Even same girl in office.

1400 Girl friend returns. We go to office of View Talay 1. Find out cannot get 3mega only 2 mega. I talked with two people in office in bldg B who have TOT 2 mega. Very satisfied. Can use Skype and do banking etc. Anyway in one week (?) when TOT comes they will call and I will notify office and they will have man for connect from building to room (1,500 one time fee) Contract is for 1-year or 2,500 baht if cancel before.

1600 Drink beer downstairs and think about all this.

Wednesday,

Sorry for late response. I don't have Internet access on steady basis. I am getting a signal now and then on wireless.

thanks for the update!

i hope it works out

OK, today I am finally up and running. Cost was 1,600 baht to TOT for "number". This included the modem. 1,500 to View Talay 1 office, one time hook up fee. 490 baht month for 2mega service. Maximum possible here at View Talay 1. So far so good. :)

I was in View Talay 1-A for three years until I left in June. I paid about 300 a month for the telephone and 700 for the internet. It was a little slow but better than dial-up in the old days and since I don't try to download movies or anything like that good enough for me.

Of course 3 or 4 times a month (maybe 8 times) it would freeze up for 15 minutes to 4 hours...............................

I was in View Talay 1-A for three years until I left in June. I paid about 300 a month for the telephone and 700 for the internet. It was a little slow but better than dial-up in the old days and since I don't try to download movies or anything like that good enough for me.

Of course 3 or 4 times a month (maybe 8 times) it would freeze up for 15 minutes to 4 hours...............................

Do you know if you where using TT&T or TOT ?

• 2 weeks later...
Are you connected 24 hours ? No problem until now ?

Yes, connected 24 hours. Been two weeks now and no problems. My download speed with Speedtest.net averages 1.75. Fast enough for what I use it for. Wireless here at View Talay has been 1,500 month for the year I have lived here from the condos network. I was getting the KIRZ wireless (most of the time) with an Alfa antennae for 1,000 baht month. I now pay 490 baht month to TOT. I do not use phone service. No need.