Nok Air Or Airasia

jauntyjohn

i think someone told me, that NOk air is owed by square face thaskin. In the end, if the service is good and cheap...people will take any cheap and good quality airplanes

Your "someone" is talking through their rectum. I would go tell them that. Nok is majority owned by government entities including Thai Airways, Krung Thai Bank, The Government Pension Fund & The Crown Property Bureau.

i think someone told me, that NOk air is owed by square face thaskin. In the end, if the service is good and cheap...people will take any cheap and good quality airplanes

Your "someone" is talking through their rectum. I would go tell them that. Nok is majority owned by government entities including Thai Airways, Krung Thai Bank, The Government Pension Fund & The Crown Property Bureau.

In fact it is Air Asia that has a Thaksin connection. Thai Air Asia was orginally a joint venture between Air Asia (the Malaysian airline) and the Shin Corporation (the holding company for Thaksin family interests). When Thaksin sold Shin to Temasek of Singapore the shares in Thai Air Asia were sold to a Thai national unrelated to Thaksin.

Not sure why any of this is relevent to which airline to take

The differences in pricing is generally small. The two situations where one is preferred over the other:

If booking online with a credit card not in the name of the passenger: Air Asia you'll have less problems. Nok Air this is a hassle.

Other than that it really comes down to which bangkok airport is more convenient.

If neither of these are a factor, go with the one that has the best price.

If I am not wrong NOK is Thai Airways cheapo version and Air Asia is the Square Face one.

That why my wife would walk before she would use Air Asia....

In fact it is Air Asia that has a Thaksin connection. Thai Air Asia was orginally a joint venture between Air Asia (the Malaysian airline) and the Shin Corporation (the holding company for Thaksin family interests). When Thaksin sold Shin to Temasek of Singapore the shares in Thai Air Asia were sold to a Thai national unrelated to Thaksin.

Not sure why any of this is relevent to which airline to take

I got told (but not sure on that) that one of Thaksins kids is a major shareholder in the Malaysian part. But it never interested me much so the information might be wrong or just half true....