Where To Buy Gear In Chiang Mai?

pigh123

I remember reading in a thread somewhere that theres a shop that sell's used gear here in CM? Think it was north east of the moat or something? I need to buy a mesh jacket and gloves.

Also does anyone know what shops stock 'Real' helmets in CM?

I have made this offer on this forum before, and not alot of people were interested (netfan was interested), but I have extra gear that I was going to send back, take back to thailand if anyone wanted it. I have a couple joe rocket armored mesh jackets and have some carbon fiber alpine stars gloves too. Let me know if you are interested and what size you wear.

Ok, the place north-east of the moat does not sell mesh jackets.

It does sell leather jackets, bottoms and light/heavy duty biker boots.

Gloves are for sale there too *I think*. All this is 2nd hand gear btw.

I bought my leather jacket from here for about 1000 baht and haven't looked back.

The place for mesh jackets and the other fancy gear is Speedy Corner in Pantip Plaza. They are on the ground floor.

Biker%20Jacket.jpg

Last time I was in it was mostly yellow corn stuff.

They sell 'real' helmets.

There is another place that is south west of the moat, but you can only get to it by heading north from airport plaza and it's on your left after the Honda dealership place.

Now he sells what looks like geniune helms but some bikers have advised caution and warned he might be selling copies. I've looked at some of his helms and they looked darned convincing. Having said that he was majorly p&ssed off at me taking pictures in his shop. Be that as it may here's the helms from there:

HelmetFullfaceImport.jpg

You can get the air-bag-jackets from this place too.

If you need directions to the second-hand place pm me.

Edited by JimsKnight

I bought my leather jacket from here for about 1000 baht and haven't looked back.

The place for mesh jackets and the other fancy gear is Speedy Corner in Pantip Plaza. They are on the ground floor.

Biker%20Jacket.jpg

There is another place that is south west of the moat, but you can only get to it by heading north from airport plaza and it's on your left after the Honda dealership place.

Now he sells what looks like geniune helms but some bikers have advised caution and warned he might be selling copies. I've looked at some of his helms and they looked darned convincing. Having said that he was majorly p&ssed off at me taking pictures in his shop. Be that as it may here's the helms from there:

HelmetFullfaceImport.jpg

i wouldnt like to be buying a fake arai ...how much is he charging for these anyway ???? look under the padding for arai stickers and sizing ..but i suppose if they are that good this will be looked at too ..why would some one be pissed off by a few photos i wonder ????? makes u think

Biker%20Jacket.jpg

HelmetFullfaceImport.jpg

Thankyou so much, very helpful :)

Biker%20Jacket.jpg

HelmetFullfaceImport.jpg

Thankyou so much, very helpful :)

I lived in Chiang Mai for over 5 years and dealt with Aek at Fast Corner for many genuine accessories. If you Google Fast Corner you shouldn't have a problem. All his expensive is kept under lock and key in his central display. He sells titanium, mesh jackets, Yellow Corn gear, I have seen the odd Arai (they're not cheap, but it all depends on the price you put on your headane closed or open casket). Aek got all my K&N Filters for my 04R1 plus the maintenance kit. I haven't talked to him in a year or so but imagine he is still in business. If you want some phone numbers, send me a PM.

Cheers Garry

Cry me a river and dry yer eyes.

The TV renta-cop has arrived :)

Thanks for your ever-so graceful correction and sunny perfection on that one BB.

I'll now do a days pennance and pray not to offend your grace in the future :D

Pigh I've replied to your PM with directions, hope that helps mate.

Edited by JimsKnight

Cry me a river and dry yer eyes.

The TV renta-cop has arrived :)

Thanks for your ever-so graceful correction and sunny perfection on that one BB.

I'll now do a days pennance and pray not to offend your grace in the future :D

Pigh I've replied to your PM with directions, hope that helps mate.

I knew you meant Fast Corner, I try to be just a tad more diplomatic. Mind you I had a bit of chuckle to myself when you said it. Aek couldn't really tell me a good reason for the name. It must have started off in Bangkok probably.