Any Watch Collectors Here?

Desertexile

I suppose .... I looked at his pics and mine is pretty much the same except white face and not the explorer model. The servicing cost 800$ and my guess would be that is about all it might be worth ... or less

That would be very cheap for a rolex, even in poor condition.

I am a collector and live in Phuket.I bought a 25 year old CARTIER from Central World Plaza,very pleased with it.There are several dealers there who sell second hand watches.Also MBK centre has about a dozen dealers on the 3rd floor.I find them trustworthy

• 7 months later...
<br>happened to be walking around there today and grabbed a business card 0818344685 is their no and they have a website it seems, world wide watch org<br><br>Oz<br>
<br><br>There's one vintage watch shop in Siam Centre Shopping Mall called Because I Like It Watches (Buy and sell vintage wrist watch), on the 3rd Floor opposite Boots. Owner is Pete (tel 081 495 9718) and speaks English. If you are walking from Siam Discovery thru the connecting airbridge, you'll see the Sizzler Restaurant. Then go one level below. And once you see Boots (big blue colour Pharmacy) its just opposite it. 

• 1 month later...

The Bangkok vintage watch shop website is here http://becauseilikewatches.com/brands/omega-first-generation-flightmaster/

<br>happened to be walking around there today and grabbed a business card 0818344685 is their no and they have a website it seems, world wide watch org<br><br>Oz<br>
<br><br>There's one vintage watch shop in Siam Centre Shopping Mall called Because I Like It Watches (Buy and sell vintage wrist watch), on the 3rd Floor opposite Boots. Owner is Pete (tel 081 495 9718) and speaks English. If you are walking from Siam Discovery thru the connecting airbridge, you'll see the Sizzler Restaurant. Then go one level below. And once you see Boots (big blue colour Pharmacy) its just opposite it. 

nice peice,

Prize of my collection was a JLC Reverso in steel on the band. Once I was near death with an infection and I got out of bed took a train to get it from the watchmakers who were adjusting the band. Loved that watch. appart from the simplest of Patek Philippe Calatravas in yellow gold eggshell face on black leather, its the only watch I would ever treasure and still wear every day.

Saw some lovely Franck Muller peices in Paragon if you like the big cases. At the annual fair in Kprat thwre was a lovely COrum tourbillion. totally exposed movement, simple yet elegant.

Watches are lovely. But I came here to wind down my conspicuous consumption. I'm getting withdrawls so going back to blighty Once I've got my SLK I'll be back around the old shops from Bond Street to Briggate!

Happy hunting Gents!

A watch is worth as much as a someone is willing to pay for it.

I have a watch that my father bought me - I clearly do not have to pay for it as I own it, but be assured it is worth more to me than any price my father paid for it.

A watch is worth as much as a someone is willing to pay for it.

I have a watch that my father bought me - I clearly do not have to pay for it as I own it, but be assured it is worth more to me than any price my father paid for it.

He means right now what someone is willing to pay for it. But this is how it is with everything. I mean you can have a great car worth a lot according to you but if you cant sell it its not worth the price your asking.

I am also a watch collector, although on a modest level (numberwise). I have always tried to restrict myself to mechanical watches, but I do own 2 electronic watches as well, one is a Seiko with a perpetual calendar and kinetic movement and the other is a Tissot Touch with a touch-screen.

No Rolex in my possession, I don't like the brand. That's not a judgment, just a personal taste.

Among my most revered possessions is a Breguet with perpetual movement, two IWC (one of which a Portuguiese with Rattrapante), a Vacheron & Constantin skeleton, a Jaeger Le Coultre Geographic, and also some Ulysse Nardin, Blancpain, Arnold & Son, even and two Omega and two Mido (one of which a chronometer). Other pieces are Panerai, Oris, Glycine, Daniel Jeanrichard and recently a mechanic Seiko.

What would I like to have (and don't have)? Well, a Glashutte, a Breguet with tourbillon and any complicated mechanical watch.

In my experience watches are not more expensive here in Thailand than in Switzerland. Just wait for a good deal at a Fair and export it to recover VAT.