Quick Question...

A friend and I are travelling to Thailand on the 28/04/05. We're staying for 45 days and I know what type of Visa is required for our visit.

We still haven't applied for our Visa's mind you, due to last minute booking and general student esque lazyness.

We live in the Isle of Man, so postage times differ slightly from mainland UK. Anyways, I'm in the middle of filling out my Visa application and it should be posted by the end of this week (waiting for new passport). Will we get our Visa's on time? I have no clue to how long the process takes.

Cheers.

A friend and I are travelling to Thailand on the 28/04/05. We're staying for 45 days and I know what type of Visa is required for our visit.

We still haven't applied for our Visa's mind you, due to last minute booking and general student esque lazyness.

We live in the Isle of Man, so postage times differ slightly from mainland UK. Anyways, I'm in the middle of filling out my Visa application and it should be posted by the end of this week (waiting for new passport). Will we get our Visa's on time? I have no clue to how long the process takes.

Cheers.

Sorry if it wasn't made clear, but I asked how long the process takes. Cheers again.

If you are only staying for 45 days, I believe you can do without a visa at all if you are from UK. The arrival entry permit (not a visa but effectively the same thing) is for 30 days and I think an extension is available for 15days at Immigration/Suan Plu, Bangkok for about 1500B.

Fellow expats ..... am I right about this ??

Cheers

Errr..What airline might you per chance have your booking with? :o

Qantas, although the flight is booked as part of a multi-stop package run by Qantas + BA. I believe all flights are Qantas bar one (Hong-Kong back to London is BA).

If you are only staying for 45 days, I believe you can do without a visa at all if you are from UK. The arrival entry permit (not a visa but effectively the same thing) is for 30 days and I think an extension is available for 15days at Immigration/Suan Plu, Bangkok for about 1500B.

Fellow expats ..... am I right about this ??

Cheers

Sounds ideal, will wait to here more on this.

Cheers

Sorry best extension you can hope for is 10 days on the back of a 30 day on arrival stamp..............its not worth it,if you get your passport back tommorow you have plenty of time to get the visa before you leave.

Dont worry. :D

Edit.........extension is 1900 baht not 1500. :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

He needs a visa to avoid any last minute boarding questions as he does not have the required onward transport within 30 days to be legal for 30 day stay without visa stamp. Although Thai immigration is not likely to check this the airline may.

Sorry  best  extension  you  can  hope  for  is  10 days  on  the  back  of  a  30 day  on  arrival  stamp..............its  not  worth  it,if  you  get  your  passport  back  tommorow  you  have  plenty  of  time  to  get  the  visa  before  you  leave.

Dont  worry.  :D

Edit.........extension  is  1900 baht  not  1500.  :o

He needs a visa to avoid any last minute boarding questions as he does not have the required onward transport within 30 days to be legal for 30 day stay without visa stamp.  Although Thai immigration is not likely to check this the airline may.

I think i'll go ahead and apply for a tourist Visa to be on the safe side. Cheers for all your feedback, much appreciated.

He needs a visa to avoid any last minute boarding questions as he does not have the required onward transport within 30 days to be legal for 30 day stay without visa stamp.  Although Thai immigration is not likely to check this the airline may.

Agreed :o

Send to Liverpool consulate. She does the visa the day they arrive and posts them out immediatly. Only problem is Liverpool only accepts cash or Postal Orders, I just put cash into a special delivery envelope and post it off. You can get the application form from the web - look at the Hull consulate website (use google for Thai Consulate Hull - uk only)

Where in Thailand are you going? If near a border then I'd arrive and get a 30 day visa on arrival. Slip over the border and back to get another 30 days. Thailand Malaysia border is free, Thailand Burma border you pay US$5 to the Burmese people.

Very much doublt you'd have trouble getting on a flight. Just tell them you are transiting Thailand to Malaysia so do not need a visa. I arrived once with a 7 month stay on my ticket and no questions asked by the airline.

As someone else said you can NOT extend a 30 day visa by more than 10 days and it is 1900 baht to do.

Where in Thailand are you going? If near a border then I'd arrive and get a 30 day visa on arrival. Slip over the border and back to get another 30 days. Thailand Malaysia border is free, Thailand Burma border you pay US$5 to the Burmese people.

Very much doublt you'd have trouble getting on a flight. Just tell them you are transiting Thailand to Malaysia so do not need a visa. I arrived once with a 7 month stay on my ticket and no questions asked by the airline.

IMO there is every chance you/ll have trouble boarding..........one of the requirements for a 30 day on arrival stamp is proof of onward travel within said 30 days. OP dont make things difficult for yourself get the visa before leaving home.