Accomodation On Koh Tao

Hallo

We want to spend 3 nights on koh tao .

We looking for a middle class resort with good breakfast and reasonable (thai) food prices , not to crowded but still in reach for transportation .

We are looking for a nice area to stay , we like to snorkel so a beach not to far away with a coral reef would be nice.

We also want to go one a day trip with a moped , so suggestions on roads and nice places to visit are welcome .

Thanks

Harry

Koh Tao raods are notorious for their bad shape, be very carefull with bikes, steep roads mostly not covered with a 'good' surface especially if the beach you chose to stay at is a bit remote.

Sorry, don't have any info on hotels or the like.

Hallo

We want to spend 3 nights on koh tao .

We looking for a middle class resort with good breakfast and reasonable (thai) food prices , not to crowded but still in reach for transportation .

We are looking for a nice area to stay , we like to snorkel so a beach not to far away with a coral reef would be nice.

We also want to go one a day trip with a moped , so suggestions on roads and nice places to visit are welcome .

Thanks

Harry

Hi Harry,

Have you found anywhere to stay yet? I am opening an accommodation info and booking center on Koh Tao.We hope to open after songkran.PM me if you want me to reserve a room anywhere for you.

Off the top of my head maybe give New Heaven bungalows a try.Easily accesable by moped,good food and great snorkelling.

As for the days moped tour I like Hin Wong bay.Drive slowly as the dirt road isnt the best.Takes about 20 minutes from the main village.

You are coming here at a good time.The wind has been calm for weeks and so the sea is very clear now.Perfect for your snorkeling.

Enjoy.

Hallo

We think thipiwimarn look nice but is a bit to expensive for us.

New heaven bungalows is more like or budget , so if you anyone have more info on this one please let us now .

We going to spend one night in chumpon because we want to take the morning train from Bangkok to Chumpon.

Any suggestions on a place to stay and where do we buy tickets for the ferryboot, we want to take the one from 7 a clock in the morning, how do we ghet to the pier etc ?

Best regards

Adrienne en Harry

Harryvb,

Try to just do it and not arrange everything beforehand. Trust me it will make your holiday a lot more fun.

When you arrive on any bus or train station in Thailand there will be loads of people who will help you to find a place to stay. Most of them are honest and have good deals. When you arrive In Chumphon everything will take care of itself, a place to stay, tickets for the ferry, everything....

Everywhere i go in Thailand i just show up and have a look around. There is always plenty available. This works good except when there is a public holiday, then you need reservations.

Unless you are very picky it is an easy way to travel.

Edited by Khun Jean

New Heaven is great. The people running it are very nice. We had a wonderful time there. Breakfasts are good. They bake their own bread daily. The Thai food is good. My SO still talks about the place, and he is finicky about his Thai food. They are on a hill above a great snorkeling reef. We had a bungalow with a fan and a fantastic view. The sister of the owner has a resort one cove over that is also great, but much more remote. We stayed at both places, and will return soon! Make sure you do the all day snorkeling trip around the island. Awesome! :o