Bangkok Kuwait On Thai Air

samran

Hi,

I've just booked Bangkok to Kuwait on Thai airways. I note that on the way there the flight time is 8.20 mins but on the way back it is only 7 hours. That is a huge difference, even taking into account prevailing winds.

Just wondering if people know whether the BKK to Kuwait leg has an 'invisible' stopover that isn't printed on the ticket. I suspect it might be Dubai that I have to go through.

online travel reviews mention a 1 hour stopover in Dubai for TG 519 and TG520.

More up to date info dated March 11, 2009 from http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news.php?newsid=OTYzNDE3Nzc2

KUWAIT: After six years of Kuwait-via-Dubai-Bangkok operation, the Thai Airways, the national carrier of the Kingdom of Thailand, will begin their direct flight Kuwait-Bangkok and vice versa on March 29. Jucksawat Kitisook, Kuwait-based General Manager for Thai Airways announced yesterday at a press conference held at JW Marriott in Kuwait City. "The first direct flight, which is seven and a half hours from Kuwait to Bangkok will start by the end of this month. The Kuwait-Dubai-Bangkok flight will be canceled when this flight commences. Our service from Dubai will continue," noted Kitisook.

With this new route, Thai Airways will now fly five times a week from the former three times per week via Dubai route. In addition, the launch of the new route will be carried out by airline's new fleet Airbus 340-600, is the newest aircraft equipped with all but the latest technology available.

thanks farma.

Saw the stuff you already posted...and as all things with Thai airways, the anouncment is already out of date. They are now on a 'winter schedual', three flights per week. Still a bit suspicous about the 8.20hr there and only 7.0hr back. Lets see. Will try and ring them.

Their booking number given to me with the online booking doesn't work, so check my trip doesn't work! Also suspecgt that we won't be flying the new planes with them...