Diffrence Iphone

killerk

Forget about the "chinese/taiwan copy" it's a really bad one, not worth it at all!

It's lacking many features!

No wi-fi, not 32GB Chip only 70MB something, slow reaction when flipping.. and, and, and!

It's simply nowhere near an iPhone!

For the looks of it any one interested...PM me!

Edited by Samuian

this gnet sounds interesting, is it simlock free ?

and ive readed in an article that even the original iphone is made by foxconn in Taiwan , so the taiwanese iphone is it still a iphone ? im confused

My friend who has the G5 , is running Two sims at the same Time ..... One is ....... Dtac and One is ......One 2 Call with no problems

this gnet sounds interesting, is it simlock free ?

and ive readed in an article that even the original iphone is made by foxconn in Taiwan , so the taiwanese iphone is it still a iphone ? im confused

Probably is SIM lock free otherwise it would be pointless for it to support two SIM cards. You'll also notice from the specs that it is not a 3G phone (it supports only GPRS & Edge) and it's only a dual band phone (it only supports 900/1800 Mhz networks, meaning that if you travel to the US you won't be able to use it).

It might be a decent phone, but how is it in any way related to the iPhone? It sounds as if it's has an entirely different feature set and is from an entirely different manufacturer.

Edited by OriginalPoster

It might be a decent phone, but how is it in anyway related to the iPhone? It sounds as if it's has an entirely different feature set and is from an entirely different manufacturer.

Well to be honest the thread is headed 'iphone difference'. I have an iphone and in many respects it has now set a standard, whereby other people are coming out with copies, near copies etc based on a combination of lower price and, in some cases, additional features.

So as an iphone user, I am interested in these sort of products. At the very least additional features on iphone 'wannabees' perhaps indicate where iphone is going (I would love dual sim but I dont think I will get it.)

It might be a decent phone, but how is it in anyway related to the iPhone? It sounds as if it's has an entirely different feature set and is from an entirely different manufacturer.

Well to be honest the thread is headed 'iphone difference'. I have an iphone and in many respects it has now set a standard, whereby other people are coming out with copies, near copies etc based on a combination of lower price and, in some cases, additional features.

So as an iphone user, I am interested in these sort of products. At the very least additional features on iphone 'wannabees' perhaps indicate where iphone is going (I would love dual sim but I dont think I will get it.)

Point taken. What threw me off is the use of the word "iPhone" as a generic term for an advanced phone.

Edited by OriginalPoster

It might be a decent phone, but how is it in any way related to the iPhone? It sounds as if it's has an entirely different feature set and is from an entirely different manufacturer.

Total BS, not in any way related to an iPhone. iPhone has set a new standard, that's true, and the big name manufacturers are trying to get there - IMO they are not there, but at least they keep producing new and interesting phones along the way. Look for Blackberry or anything running Android.

It's foreseeable that WinMobile and Symbian are just not able to compete software-wise - it won't work. The clones are one level behind even WinMo (unless they use WinMo - many seem to do that). Gadget guide Gizmodo isn't even comparing WinMo phones with others anymore - they go in their own separate more-or-less-crap category and compete only with each other....

I have a G-Net G5. My wife has an iphone 3G. Being in the position to use both phones a comment I would make is that the feature of two sims on the G5 is very useful. one for friends and family, the other number can be given to sales reps ect, you can dispose of the second number and replace it if the reps become a problem. :D

Also the G5 has a flash, a point worth concidering as photos with the G5 can be taken in darkness :)

Also I find sending a text or email faster with the G5 as you can use a stylus or pen / pencil on the screen. that will not work on the iphone screen you have to use your finger, ok if your nine years old with a finger as thin as a pencil but as a big guy with large hands it can be very fiddly.

Im not saying that the G5 is a better phone than the iphone, but what I am saying is dont be too quick to write it off as rubbish, also not forgetting it's 20,000 baht cheaper too.

Edited by pop3

• 3 weeks later...

The G5's hardware features do look appealing, especially for the price, but how is the software?

How well does the built-in email app compare with the ones on e.g. the iPhone, or Nokia phones? Does it choke when I point it to an IMAP mailbox with 15'000 messages? :)

The spec sheets only mention WAP support, and looking at this review[1] seems like you're supposed to access the web with Opera Mini or another 3rd party app. Perhaps a reasonable choice, though, especially if it helps bring the price down.

Have you tried installing other Java applications on it -- a 3rd party email app, SSH client, etc?

Is the overall feel of the UI responsive - enough to satisfy an overly pedantic ADHD patient with a 0,4s attention span?

It would be interesting to know what kind of operating system the phone runs. The screenshots in the review look conspicuously familiar, but the manufacturer might just have copied the iPhone OS's appearance...

[1] hxxp://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=th&tl=en&u=http://www.siamphone.com/review/2009/gnet/g5/page.htm&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhgfLrMhR2XxUpljSzzxRHb9-hde0w

"It sounds as if it's has an entirely different feature set and is from an entirely different manufacturer."

That's true. The featured phone only LOOKS like an iPhone. Those slow on the uptake will be wowed that you spent 30000THB for an iPhone, and only you know that you spent only 25% of that. The difference is similar to buying a REAL "Polo" shirt, or a 100THB counterfeit.

"It sounds as if it's has an entirely different feature set and is from an entirely different manufacturer."

That's true. The featured phone only LOOKS like an iPhone. Those slow on the uptake will be wowed that you spent 30000THB for an iPhone, and only you know that you spent only 25% of that. The difference is similar to buying a REAL "Polo" shirt, or a 100THB counterfeit.

Sure, if you're just buying it for show then if it looks the same from a distance it would be just as good. But whereas a fake Polo shirt functions the same as a real Polo shirt, you have acknowledged that the fake iPhones under discussion have a completely different feature set than the real ones.

Edited by OriginalPoster

I owned a fake iPhone when they first came out, it was crap and put me off iPhones. Then after seeing my friends new iPhone I went out and brought the new 3Gs two months ago and I really do think this is the best phone ever.

Pay more and get the real thing. Don't get a copy as they are crap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just want to add i bought a battery jacket for my 3G which has a dongle to allow dual sim support.

How does the jacket connect to your iphone? Does it have to connect to the SIM slot?

Anymore specifics on this?

Also, dual sim support means both can be active (receiving a call) at the same time?

Is this the one you bought? Do they sell them in Thailand?

http://www.techchee.com/wp-content/uploads...sim-adapter.jpg

Edited by steffi

Spmebody is selliing 32 Gb 3GS iphones on the TV classifieds for 11,539 Bt. Sounds too good to be true. what do you think people, the real deal or copies?

Capitalization matters. The 3GS are the ones that advertise on craigslist in the states real real cheap. Obviously clones.

Some time ago there was a full page ad in Pattaya Mai for various phones at a fraction of their normal price, which required you to prepay with Western Union. Obviously a scam where your money would have been lost never to be heard from again. I don't know if this is the same scam. Caveat Emptor.

Edited by Phil Conners