Share/stock Trading Online?

Here in Thailand, is there an online trading company through a bank or broker that will

give you access to both local and international stocks? Similar to Commbank in Australia or TDAmeritrade/Etrade in the USA?

I've heard of SET but dont know if its more than the index itself. A Thai was tryin to explain that to me and didnt get that far.

I'd like to trade common publicly available stocks, and perhaps even options and warrants if possible. Thanks in advance for any assistance, and I apologize if there is already a thread on this, I did look but didnt find anything.

Cheers

Sorry ,I do not understand your Q

I live in Thailand and have an account in Europe. If I want to trade, I just use the online facilities for the account, no matter where I am in the world.

If however you want to trade from a Thai account, it is not possible, at least that is what they told me at Krungthai Bank.

If I understand you correctly, and you want to trade from an account in Thailand, then MichaelSong has been given the same information that I was by the Bangkok Bank.

Yes, that is correct and sorry I didnt include that information in my original post.

It would be with/from a Thai Bank account, although if there was a broker I could certaintly transfer the money there, as long as it was in Thailand. Maybe I will try and open an account over seas and tranfer money there. Thanks for the replies.

• 2 years later...

Yes there is "TISCO SECURITIES" i use them for more than 9 years.

Office is TISCO Tower North Sathorn road +66 26336555

If i come to Thailand with a tourist visa, and have no bank account here, can i open both bank account & stock trading account at Tisco at same visit?

Yes there is "TISCO SECURITIES" i use them for more than 9 years.

Office is TISCO Tower North Sathorn road +66 26336555

Cheers

Yes, there is. But I'd be surprised if Tisco offers access to international share markets.

I would suggest that you look at opening two accounts:

* an account with a Thai broker for trading in Thai shares

* an account with an international group like Interactive for other shares

Only a few of the international groups allow access to the SET (e.g. Schwab) and you would be hammered with much higher commission rates for your Thai trading - in comparison to those offered by a Thai broker