Questions Regarding Thai And Uk Passports For My Son

I have a 11 month old son and need to get him a Thai and UK passport, so i just need a few questions answered:

* UK PASSPORT

Where do i have to go to obtain a UK passport for him?

How much does it cost?

Is it true that it has to be obtained before he is one year old?

What documents do i need?

* THAI PASSPORT

Where do i go to obtain one?

How much does it cost?

What documents do i need?

Thanks very much to anyone who can answer these questions as ive tried the search function but can't seem to find the information...

assuming your in thailand:

For Thai pp you need Thai birth cert and both parents need to attend the passport office (MFA) - 1000 baht.

Sorry, the MFA is in Bangna - Bangkok

Yes i am in Chonburi. Thanks for that info.

Do you have any info regarding the UK passport?

assuming your in thailand:

For Thai pp you need Thai birth cert and both parents need to attend the passport office (MFA) - 1000 baht.

Sorry, the MFA is in Bangna - Bangkok

Yes i am in Chonburi. Thanks for that info.

Do you have any info regarding the UK passport?

A simple search for the British Embassy Bangkok website will produce the answers you require. The Embassy is situated in Wireless Road, Bangkok and opens at 0800 hours mondays to fridays. Take a bus from Chonburi to Ekami and then the skytrain to Ploenchit. The embassy is a few minutes walk from that skytrain station.

Im having some trouble accessing that site for some reason.

Does anyone have links to download application forms for the UK passport and also Thai passport? then i can print them off and fill them out. :)

Also do i have to obtain a UK passport before my son is one year old? as this is what ive been told. Lastly do i have to have my birth certificate to obtain the UK passport for my son? as its currently in England...

Birth registration at the embassy is optional, not doing so wont stop your son being British or mean that he can't have a British passport.

There are some advantages to doing so, however; the main one being that he'll have a British style birth certificate, which may prove useful to him in later life.

See the link I posted above.

• 3 months later...
Birth registration at the embassy is optional, not doing so wont stop your son being British or mean that he can't have a British passport.

There are some advantages to doing so, however; the main one being that he'll have a British style birth certificate, which may prove useful to him in later life.

See the link I posted above.

Just can't believe they want 8,400 (£170) baht for a birth cerificate.

Thanks for all the info, it has come very handy....

I believe it gets the information into the UK systems so could be an advantage living in the UK and would avoid legalization costs of Thai documents for some things. I would recommend. We have too many posts here of people not having paperwork after decades and the problems they face in trying to obtain at that stage.

Definitely a good idea to get the UK birth certificate.

Its a one time cost, and will make it so much easier if ever he wants to go back to the UK full time.

And by the way, being a father gets more expensive as they get older....!

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone done a passport application to British Embassy in Bangkok by post?

Thought i could just downloads the forms and post it with the fee to Wireless Rd, Bangkok.

What form do i need for my son...C2 FORM?

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for...passports/fees1

Also the fee on the website is 4,134 baht for child passport ... EMS postage 100 baht for return. It also states 962 baht postage round trip to Hong Kong, does that need paying also?

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for...passports/fees1

Just confused on the total price that would need paying if i was to do it via post....

I went there and thought i had everything in order but then they wanted by gf's I.D transferred into English and also my son's birth certificate transferred into English.

Left home at 6am and spent the whole day only not to be able to get the passport sorted.... :)