Tennis Chiang Mai

kcore

Hi- I would like to know if there are any players in the USTA 4.0 rating range that gather regularly and where are some of the tennis facilities in Chiang Mai. Prefer clay or har-true surface as well as doubles. Thanks in advance- Kevin

Hi Kevin

Not sure what USTA 4.0 means, although I suspect it means you are pretty good, however I have recently moved to Chiang Mai and am very keen to play some tennis. I played every day for a month with a tennis coach in Nepal about six months ago and improved a lot and would love to take it to another level.

Even if you are much much better than me, I am fit and competitive, so should be able to give you a game. However if this doesn't appeal, any advice on courts and potential tennis partners would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tom

• Like 1

Hi Kevin

Not sure what USTA 4.0 means, although I suspect it means you are pretty good, however I have recently moved to Chiang Mai and am very keen to play some tennis. I played every day for a month with a tennis coach in Nepal about six months ago and improved a lot and would love to take it to another level.

Even if you are much much better than me, I am fit and competitive, so should be able to give you a game. However if this doesn't appeal, any advice on courts and potential tennis partners would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Hi Tom - I don't actually arrive until Feb. 2010 and am just putting out feelers for now. A 4.0 rating is someone who can pretty much direct the ball where he wants, able to hit all strokes with relative proficiency and can keep 10 balls in play before(in my case) drops dead from a heart attack!!! :) I am a much better double players - only like to cover half the court. Stay in touch and maybe this thread will develop although past post regarding tennis in Chaing Mai have been rather dithery.

Later - kevin

• Like 1

Hi Kevin

Thanks in advance

Tom

Hi Tom - I don't actually arrive until Feb. 2010 and am just putting out feelers for now. A 4.0 rating is someone who can pretty much direct the ball where he wants, able to hit all strokes with relative proficiency and can keep 10 balls in play before(in my case) drops dead from a heart attack!!! :) I am a much better double players - only like to cover half the court. Stay in touch and maybe this thread will develop although past post regarding tennis in Chaing Mai have been rather dithery.

Later - kevin

Hi Kevin

No worries, give me a call when you get here, I'll still be around and will hopefully have played a bit by then. I wouldn't say I am quite up to the standard mentioned above, but definitely can be with a bit more practice. I had a month of tennis lessons a while back, which sorted out my bad habits, and now I just need to play on a regular basis with people who are as good or better than I am. My number is 0869503455. See you in a few months.

Tom

Hi Kevin

Thanks in advance

Tom

Hi Tom - will keep u in mind. If you are there now maybe u can me a little about what type of facilities (public or country club -cc) are near by and perhaps there are some leagues or mixers going on. I also like to play golf and would like to know what cc are best value for money if u know anything pass it on...thanks again and stay in touch.

Kevin

Later - kevin

Hi Kevin

No worries, give me a call when you get here, I'll still be around and will hopefully have played a bit by then. I wouldn't say I am quite up to the standard mentioned above, but definitely can be with a bit more practice. I had a month of tennis lessons a while back, which sorted out my bad habits, and now I just need to play on a regular basis with people who are as good or better than I am. My number is 0869503455. See you in a few months.

Tom

• 1 month later...

Hey there, i am also a former avid tennis player now residing in Chiang Mai. I used to play on the OTA doubles circuit in my province of Ontario back home as a "B" level player. I last played over 2 years ago when i resumed lessons here for a couple of months, steady play would get me back into form quite quickly. Send a message to my email address if you are ever keen on a game, i'll drop my phone number from there.

I play at 700 year stadium in the courts there, nice 8 courts ..concrete, no clay.

Hey there, i am also a former avid tennis player now residing in Chiang Mai. I used to play on the OTA doubles circuit in my province of Ontario back home as a "B" level player. I last played over 2 years ago when i resumed lessons here for a couple of months, steady play would get me back into form quite quickly. Send a message to my email address if you are ever keen on a game, i'll drop my phone number from there.

I play at 700 year stadium in the courts there, nice 8 courts ..concrete, no clay.

Hi jonasan- GREAT. Look forward to hitting at a 700 year old stadium, wow! One more fellow tennis player and we will have a foursome. I get to CM in Feb. My first visit to this area of Thailand and hoping to make it my home. I will pm you and Tom sometime then. Perhaps you should talk to Tom and get something going sooner. Regards, Kevin

Hi jonasan- GREAT. Look forward to hitting at a 700 year old stadium, wow! One more fellow tennis player and we will have a foursome. I get to CM in Feb. My first visit to this area of Thailand and hoping to make it my home. I will pm you and Tom sometime then. Perhaps you should talk to Tom and get something going sooner. Regards, Kevin

Hi. I often play tennis at 700 Year, Gymkhana, and CMU and currently live in Chiang Mai. I am of quite a high standard, played tournaments as a junior and represented my junior county team back home in the UK. Played for the Mens and Mixed A team back home in UK, mainly doubles, mind. Singles im still not too bad, though it does get easier covering only half a court, as you get older!! :) Not too sure if that equates to a USTA 4.0? I would welcome a game any time.

Sadly Rob, i came to notice that what i could once do at 22 i can no longer do as well at 42. However, im sure some skills lay hidden and rusty somewhere inside, and i'm keen to get hitting again be it singles or doubles. Looks like we might have a regular foresome shaping up here. I am also keen at badminton and squash if anyone is aware of a place to play.

Contact me at jarsamed at my gmail address for my phone number.

Hi. I often play tennis at 700 Year, Gymkhana, and CMU and currently live in Chiang Mai. I am of quite a high standard, played tournaments as a junior and represented my junior county team back home in the UK. Played for the Mens and Mixed A team back home in UK, mainly doubles, mind. Singles im still not too bad, though it does get easier covering only half a court, as you get older!! :) Not too sure if that equates to a USTA 4.0? I would welcome a game any time.

Hi Rob69. Ur expereince tells me u are much more advanced player , by USTA rankings a 5.0-6.0 player with a 8.0 being Federish. However, nothing ventured, nothing gained. We have some interest here and we can give it shot and see if everybody can get a good work out and keep it interesting for all. One thing I would like to know, as this is my first time to Chiang Mai, are there any clay or har- true courts. They tend to be a little easier on my joints. Incedently Rob, I will be having some very good Juniors coming from Florida in June to visit CM, train Mui Thai and tennis and then will be heading to BKK to play in the ITF junior tourny. They will give u a hel_l of game. They will be looking for competative matches so if you know anyone ...keep it in mind.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...