Phuket To Pi Pi Island Travel Options

sailaway2000

My sister booked a hotel on Pi Pi but her flight from Chiang Mai does not arrive until after the last ferry on that day.

What are the other options for getting to Pi Pi island other than the ferry? Are there any long boats and at what price? What else is available at a decent price?

Thanks

Oh that's frustrating. You come all this way and then miss the last ferry!

My advice would be to NOT get a longtail. The journey would be in excess of 2 hours in longtail and some of that is in the open ocean. There can be quite a swell, which in my view, longtail boats are not good at handling.

She can get a speedboat from Chalong or Rawai but it would be expensive. You didnt say what a 'decent price' was. I'd think that hiring a speedboat wouldnt be a 'decent price'.

What time does she arrive? I wouldnt make the journey in darkness to be honest with you. Too dangerous.

Her best bet might be to book one night in a hotel on Phuket and then just book the ferry to Phi Phi. She will get free pick up at the hotel with a mini-bus which will take her to the port and then to Phi Phi

Those are the only options i can think of. I've been told there will shortly be a helicopter service to Phi Phi but dont think it's been launched yet.

She could also charter a yacht from Chalong and make a lovely day of sailing there but that would be in the region of 15k baht.

Thanks for the thoughts and advise. Due to time constraints, we canceled the Pi Pi hotel reservations. We will now look for something nearer to Phuket.

The sister is adventurous, wants to snorkel and kayak, and prefers a hotel resort near to a town/village so she can eat and experience local food and culture and not be restricted to a 'resort' type environment. Any suggestions?

Thanks....

Thanks for the thoughts and advise. Due to time constraints, we canceled the Pi Pi hotel reservations. We will now look for something nearer to Phuket.

The sister is adventurous, wants to snorkel and kayak, and prefers a hotel resort near to a town/village so she can eat and experience local food and culture and not be restricted to a 'resort' type environment. Any suggestions?

Thanks....

"local food and culture" Phuket style I would say, as not really Thailand as much as farangland here in Phuket.

Lots of places to stay in the Kata-Karon area, can rent kayaks at both beaches, snorkeling the (north?) end of Kata Beach, the rightside end if looking at the water.

Also, Rawai has some inexpensive accommodation options, longtail boats for rent at Rawai beach they can take you out for some snorkeling Coral island etc..