Bang Saen Street Racing W-end Program

KIFKIF

I was fortunate enough to be invited into the paddock area by Pang who runs the Ducati Chonburi Club as Khun Boy from Chicane was racing. Very useful as bike parking here is pretty poor.

The pits.

IMG_0400.jpg

Boy's Duc up close.

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

A Triumph 695. Very nice!

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

Boy readies with his Stoner lid.

IMG_0404.jpg

Ready to enter the circuit.

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

A security guard tries to pull the old '20 ฿ parking fee' :) on Boy before Pang intervenes.

IMG_0406.jpg

Some Kwakazukidas.

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0402-1.jpg

Unfortunately, there wasn't much of a race as a Gixxer highsided on the first lap. The rider was taken away in an ambulance with possible leg injuries so the Superbike race for Saturday was cancelled. Hope the rider wasn't seriously hurt.

BTW, the Bang-Na Trat has some very serious potholes to be aware of. Bangkok-bound, just after the newly laid tarmac ends. Many in the center lane, a couple in the fast lane.

Edited by RusticCharm

Cool pics Terry, looks like a good weekend... Shame about the premature end to the race and I hope the guy wasn't hurt too bad.

A bit off topic, but seeing as you mentioned that road - I had my one and only crash on the bangna-trad road heading towards Bangkok when I hit a Honda Civic (that was still on red plates!!) that was reversing back up the dual carriageway towards a chicken stall that he had just overshot. Fortunately it was very low speed by the time I hit it and no-one was hurt. Lucky for me, it was right in front of a taxi motorbike stand so there were 15 locals eager to lend their 'expert' opinion on how much it would cost to repair the car :D The driver turned out to be a total <deleted> as well, making up a story about his son being in hospital so he needed the cash NOW so that he could leave the scene and visit his son. As soon as I handed some cash over, he stuck it in his pocket and sat down to wait for the insurance guy to turn up. Really nice guy :)

I'll never ride that road again - it's a death trap and I'd advise everyone to avoid it.

I was fortunate enough to be invited into the paddock area by Pang who runs the Ducati Chonburi Club as Khun Boy from Chicane was racing. Very useful as bike parking here is pretty poor

A Triumph 695. Very nice!

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

BTW, the Bang-Na Trat has some very serious potholes to be aware of. Bangkok-bound, just after the newly laid tarmac ends. Many in the center lane, a couple in the fast lane.

LOL- ask Travelmate about those potholes! He managed to bend both wheels on his Triumph Tiger on 'em!

Never heard of a Triumph 695... Is it a bored out 675 or just a typo?

Bummer about the crash- saw some good wrecks last year but the riders managed to walk (limp) away from them. They do a pretty impressive job setting up the course in Bangsaen but still, crashing on a road is a whole lot different from going down on a track.

Ride On!

A bit off topic, but seeing as you mentioned that road - I had my one and only crash on the bangna-trad road heading towards Bangkok when I hit a Honda Civic (that was still on red plates!!) that was reversing back up the dual carriageway towards a chicken stall that he had just overshot. Fortunately it was very low speed by the time I hit it and no-one was hurt. Lucky for me, it was right in front of a taxi motorbike stand so there were 15 locals eager to lend their 'expert' opinion on how much it would cost to repair the car :D The driver turned out to be a total <deleted> as well, making up a story about his son being in hospital so he needed the cash NOW so that he could leave the scene and visit his son. As soon as I handed some cash over, he stuck it in his pocket and sat down to wait for the insurance guy to turn up. Really nice guy :)

I'll never ride that road again - it's a death trap and I'd advise everyone to avoid it.

Well, what were you doing in the left lane?! And you rear ended a car that was going the wrong way down the road (in reverse) and you had to pay him money?! What's up with that???

Not sure I'd call Bangna Trat a death trap, but it's certainly one of the most unpleasant roads I've ever ridden and should be approached with caution.

Ride On!

Well, what were you doing in the left lane?! And you rear ended a car that was going the wrong way down the road (in reverse) and you had to pay him money?! What's up with that???

Not sure I'd call Bangna Trat a death trap, but it's certainly one of the most unpleasant roads I've ever ridden and should be approached with caution.

Ride On!

I was in the left lane because at that point in the road it was the least damaged.

The only evidence was the damage to his rear bumper and to my front fender. Everything else was my word against his (and the taxi bike guys who were backing up their fellow Thai). I gave him a couple of thousand baht to get his bumper repaired and left. No point getting into arguments that can't be won and I'm not going to court for such a low amount, although I'll admit that it left a sour taste.

Ride On!

I was in the left lane because at that point in the road it was the least damaged.

The only evidence was the damage to his rear bumper and to my front fender. Everything else was my word against his (and the taxi bike guys who were backing up their fellow Thai). I gave him a couple of thousand baht to get his bumper repaired and left. No point getting into arguments that can't be won and I'm not going to court for such a low amount, although I'll admit that it left a sour taste.

Hmmm, well, if the bike was rideable I'd have given him some choice words and kicked in his door as I took off... But that's just me :D

Man, you guys really should learn the "true" Thai way of handling this kind of fender bender. After hitting the civic, what you do is give a wai to the driver, put the bike in gear and haul ass outa there. Sticking around for the insurance guy is NOT the "Thai way". Silly falangs. :)

Edited by submaniac

Ride On!

Hmmm, well, if the bike was rideable I'd have given him some choice words and kicked in his door as I took off... But that's just me :D

:D:D:D

Good plan, next time I'll try to outrun a Honda Civic up the Bangna Trat road on a recently crashed Nouvo with my girlfriend on the back to try and save myself 2000 baht :D

Ride On!

:D:D:D

Good plan, next time I'll try to outrun a Honda Civic up the Bangna Trat road on a recently crashed Nouvo with my girlfriend on the back to try and save myself 2000 baht :D

Oh... you were on a scooter?! You didn't mention that before... I thought you had a Ninja 250... My bad. Guess you had to pay up or risk getting squished. Bummer :-(

Never heard of a Triumph 695... Is it a bored out 675 or just a typo?
Yeah, thanks for that. I should have known my error wouldn't get past the board's resident Sphincter Police.

Um, yeah, whatever... Just stay away from my sphincter cuz I don't roll that way! :)

Good times again in Bangsaen! Still recovering from 5 days of partying around BangSaen Beach. Awesome racing events! Also carousing about Time Attach this weekend at Bira. In any case, over many whoop it up nights, and hangovers, did snap some photos; uploaded a week late, no worries.

With the Bike events always beautiful babes about. :) Enjoy Life!

post-78747-1260077419_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1260077428_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1260077436_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1260077450_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1260077461_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1260077470_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1260077478_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1260077485_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1260077503_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1260077512_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1260077518_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1260077528_thumb.jpg