Wireless Keyboard And Mouse

basjke

Hi all,

I have a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse for a long time and am quite happy with it.However since a few weeks i get a strange issue.As soon as I start playing a media file both mouse and keyboard stop functioning.

Mediafile can be anything from a sound file using wmp11,a moviefile using mediaplayer classic or a webbased mediafile like youtube or alike.As soon as the file start playing I will only be able to move the cursor very slowly but after a few seconds it will not move anymore and the buttons or scroll wheel will not function also.Also the keyboard will not be usable anymore to close the file with a shortcut or something.Only thing I can do is manually restart the computer or wait until the mediafile is finished.

As soon as the mediafile stops playing everything functions again as normal.

Any idea as where to look to solve this problem?I have the updated drivers for both mouse and keyboard installed.

Just wanna rule it out, you don't have any form of wireless sound devices connected, could be wireless headphones?

Nothing connected,setup is same all the time.As sson as I play a mediafile mouse and keyboard stop working.When the file is finished it works as usual straight away,no need to close the mediaplayer.I even noticed today as I got an attachement in an email which was a webbased mediafile that pauses automaticly for a few times.When the file is paused everything works normal.

Edited by basjke

You say you have the wireless devices for a long time and the system worked just fine for a long time. Now in the last few weeks you have this problem with the wireless devices during playback of a media file.

So what did you add or delete from the system a few weeks ago that may have caused this new problem? You have to play detective i think to figure out what has changed on the system.

As mentioned go back into the system restore calender and find a restore point back before the problem started if possible.

You say you have the wireless devices for a long time and the system worked just fine for a long time. Now in the last few weeks you have this problem with the wireless devices during playback of a media file.

So what did you add or delete from the system a few weeks ago that may have caused this new problem? You have to play detective i think to figure out what has changed on the system.

As mentioned go back into the system restore calender and find a restore point back before the problem started if possible.

I have been thinking in the way you suggest.I suspect it to be a certain codec that causes the trouble.Is there a way to find out which codecs are used when playing a mediafile or are there codecs which are known for this kind of interfering.

I just found out that it must be a problem with a sound codec.While I was playing a sound file using mediaplayer 11 my mouse cursor moved slowly but my keyboard was almost useless.When I reduced the volume to zero in mediaplayer everything came back to normal.So how do I find out which codec is the trouble maker?

I just found out that it must be a problem with a sound codec.While I was playing a sound file using mediaplayer 11 my mouse cursor moved slowly but my keyboard was almost useless.When I reduced the volume to zero in mediaplayer everything came back to normal.So how do I find out which codec is the trouble maker?

So it's more that playing the file causes full load on your cpu/system and hence your mouse stops working. The codec is not directly interfering with your mouse driver which seemed quite a bit unlikely anyway.

Does the problem also occur when using a different player such as winamp. This way you could determine whether it's a faulty codec or some problem specific to WMP.

GSpot will tell you the codecs used in video and audio files. It's a tool I mainly use for video files, but I think it works with audio files, too.

welo