Boston Terrier

romania

We have been looking to buy a dog for a few months now and after considering all aspects such as size, temperament, exercises, sociable, etc we have decided on a Boston Terrier.

Now the problem starts. Where can we buy a good pedigree, healthy puppy in Thailand. I have looked at many sites including the Thai Kennel Club and cannot find any breeders listed. To my knowledge there are Boston Terriers in Thailand.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and also if anyone has any personal experience of Boston Terriers, good or bad to pass on to me.

Many Thanks

From the mass of reponses it looks like I might have trouble finding a Boston. I have been told they have been for sale in the market (Pattaya). I am away till next week and will go and have a look when I return, but really do not want to buy any animal from there.

If I do find any info will post it.

• 2 weeks later...

Google ลูกสุนัข Boston:

I found the following who offered Boston terrier puppies. They may have new litters:

E-Mail : bowcafe(at)hotmail.com

Tel. : 089-8966690

or

Khun Thab: 089-790-1317

URL: http://market.108dog.com/1607

etc.

Tel.: 081 245 6922

It's a google search, so no idea about the mental and physical health of the dogs.

Google ลูกสุนัข Boston:

I found the following who offered Boston terrier puppies. They may have new litters:

E-Mail : bowcafe(at)hotmail.com

Tel. : 089-8966690

or

Khun Thab: 089-790-1317

URL: http://market.108dog.com/1607

etc.

Tel.: 081 245 6922

It's a google search, so no idea about the mental and physical health of the dogs.

Thanks for that, am on my way to Bkk to pick up new family member on Monday

• 2 months later...

[post=0Hi, ok so we are living in Bnagkok and have been investingating both French Bulldogs and Boston Terrier's ... My girl is in love with French Bulldog, but i do like the slightly larger Boston Terrier.

Please tell us of some good breeders for both as i am struggling with my internet research (especially for the Bostons)

- I already know of Napachai.com, a very highly rated but also very expensive breeder .... please and advice/insight/places to go are welcome ....We dont mind to travel a bit also if it is worth it

Thank you[/post]

Hey folks.

I have a Boston Terrier that was bought in Bangkok. He was born on October 17, 2009 and I got him around December 15, 2009. So he's four and a half months old now and looking great. He's my first dog so I can't really compare temperament and other traits to other dog breeds, I am very happy with him. He barks very little, is very entertaining, affectionate but also energetic and terrier-like. They do need to get some exercise or activity pretty much every day to be balanced and happy. Fortunately I live in a quiet area where he can play off-leash with other dogs in the neighborhood, so that's not a problem.

I got him from a veterinarian who runs a small clinic up in Rangsit, near Saphan Daeng. My fiancee found their ad by googling in thai. They had a litter of four boys, one of whom had been reserved and three were still available. While there we met the father of the litter, who was a very handsome and well behaved brindle-colored Boston Terrier. I picked the one out of the three whose facial shape resembled the father the most. Incidentally he was also the most outgoing of the litter and judging by what the breeder/vet said at the time, he was the dominant puppy in the litter, always eating first etc. (I haven't had any dominance problems though, he seems to know his place here at home) ... so, long story short, we left with him and it turned out OK. I don't think this particular breeder quite compares with the really expensive one that was mentioned earlier in this thread, but at least I reckon he's better than getting one from Chatuchak or a pet shop. They seemed reasonably well cared for. Apparently they had been weaned to some kind of home-cooked diet of rice and boiled egg. I put him on a prey model raw diet though and he is thriving on it.

I'd be happy to answer any questions. I am new to the breed but I really like it. Here's a picture of my pup:

outstanding750-feb10.jpg