Where Can I Buy Dead Rodents

Crypt36

I live in Pattaya and I've tried to ask around here but no luck at all (I doubt if they really understood it anyways).

I have put my cat on a raw food diet and I prefer to feed him whole preys and he absolutely likes this best as well. In holland you can just buy dead mice and rats primarily to feed snakes and such but also for your cat.

So if anyone knows where I can buy dead mice / dead rats or dead small birds in Pattaya or Bangkok please leave a reply!

Would suspect that the dead rats and mice in Holland are grown and farmed for this purpose, you will most likely not get healthy dead rodents here.

Why put yourself and your cat at risk feeding him/her with dead rodents that you have no idea where they came from? We have 9 cats, they eat boiled rice mixed with canned fish food and cat biscuits on top. Costs nothing. Twice a week they all have cooked pork ribs for them to chew on which cleans their teeth.

They also catch and kill any stray rodents that are foolish enough to want to come inside our walls :)

Would suspect that the dead rats and mice in Holland are grown and farmed for this purpose, you will most likely not get healthy dead rodents here.

Why put yourself and your cat at risk feeding him/her with dead rodents that you have no idea where they came from? We have 9 cats, they eat boiled rice mixed with canned fish food and cat biscuits on top. Costs nothing. Twice a week they all have cooked pork ribs for them to chew on which cleans their teeth.

They also catch and kill any stray rodents that are foolish enough to want to come inside our walls :D

Just replied to this in the cat food topic... THIS IS A VERY BAD WAY OF FEEDING YOUR CATS!

Raw feeding 9 cats would be kinda expensive though :) Mine eats about 20thb of raw meat every day...

Edited by Crypt36

They also catch and kill any stray rodents that are foolish enough to want to come inside our walls :)

Just replied to this in the cat food topic... THIS IS A VERY BAD WAY OF FEEDING YOUR CATS!

Do we have a "cat food forum" now? Those darn pussy cats just need feeding all the time :D

Better get live ones, that will also keep you cat fit. If they rodents are dead, you never know how they died, thay might contain poison.

I suggest JJ market in BKK.

Can we see a picture of that killer cat?

Hehe live ones, those little good luck birds you're supposed to set free are only 15thb. Don't thai people say cats are good luck? Just my own way of interpretation...

I think i need some re-education here, because I was under the impression that premium cat food (wet and dry) was better for cats than other foods. Then, on top of a regulated diet, things like oily fish and other "treats" helped create a healthy, balanced, and interesting diet.

I think it must be difficult to get the right balance of vitamins that the cat needs when feeding without the aid of formulated foods..?

I was also under the impression that although of course cats survive on killing and eating prey, that its better not to feed them uncooked meats as they can contain bacterias and parasites. Also not to mix foods too much so the cats gastrointestinal tract keeps a balance and doesnt get upset.

Im not saying that im right here..im saying this is what i really believed was the right way of giving a cat a healthy nutritious diet.

I think i need some re-education here, because I was under the impression that premium cat food (wet and dry) was better for cats than other foods. Then, on top of a regulated diet, things like oily fish and other "treats" helped create a healthy, balanced, and interesting diet.

I think it must be difficult to get the right balance of vitamins that the cat needs when feeding without the aid of formulated foods..?

I was also under the impression that although of course cats survive on killing and eating prey, that its better not to feed them uncooked meats as they can contain bacterias and parasites. Also not to mix foods too much so the cats gastrointestinal tract keeps a balance and doesnt get upset.

Im not saying that im right here..im saying this is what i really believed was the right way of giving a cat a healthy nutritious diet.

Eek, did you actually read the links that were given by Crypt36? I ask because what you are saying is right that what the cat food industry is teaching: be afraid of everything, but when you feed cat food brand XYZ your cat will be safe. :)

14 weeks old now :)

HPIM1202%20-%20Copy.JPG

14 Weeks ? Looks like he need a good feed.. :D

I found this little monster trapped in a neighbors garden..

post-39406-1259746260_thumb.jpg

His eyes were still closed when I found him.. He's gone from milk mashed with dry food to a mix of chicken hearts, pigs hearts, pigs liver and canned tuna.. Whatever I happen to see in the market.. He around 14 weeks old too.. 1.7kg now and is into everything...

As for feeding cats raw food.. Well my family has always had cats.. They were fed liver, kidney, heart etc plus the odd sprinkle of dry food.. They all lived over 18 yrs and one made it 20..

What could be more natural for a cat to eat than raw meat ?

Eek, did you actually read the links that were given by Crypt36? I ask because what you are saying is right that what the cat food industry is teaching: be afraid of everything, but when you feed cat food brand XYZ your cat will be safe. :)

Oh wow..

No i didnt see the links. Ive obviously missed that. Ill look in another thread for them. Thank you.

Don't be fooled by the cat food industry! There's hardly even any meat in that dry food, their cats not birds?! It's all cheap enginered corn, complete garbage just like many human products. Watch the documentary Food Inc about human food and then think about what those assh*les will put in your cats bag.

You shouldn't be feeding canned tuna fish to your cat! Not very healthy. Also not give them to much liver, about 40grams a weak is enough.

This is my raw food schedule for my cat, I also toss in tiny bits of vegetables every now and then.

Ma: Whole quail 150gr

Di: 50gr organs + 50gr chickenribs

Wo: 50gr egg + 50gr meat + piece of chickenribs

Do: 50gr chickenribs + duck/chickwing 80gr

Vr: 50gr organs + egg + whole fish 75gr

Za: Whole quail 150gr

Zo: 100gr meat + egg + piece of chickenribs

The organs I feed him are a equal part of chicken/duck liver, heart and gizzard. He likes chicken or duck meat best but I also give beef and ground meat for diversity.

Edited by Crypt36

Apparently our neighbor's cat likes raw pork. My wife left a kilo of pork beside her outside stove. She stepped inside the house for something and caught the cat running away with the whole kilo. Had she been able to catch the cat, I would likely of had fried cat for my meal. That cat is not afraid of me but it runs away at full speed when it sees her.

Somehow killing animals to feed pets when there's a healthy alternative seems rather Neanderthal. And not very Buddhist.

Cro-Magnon actually :)

And cats are carnivores and not omnivores like humans so being a veggie is NOT okay for cats.

Somehow killing animals to feed pets when there's a healthy alternative seems rather Neanderthal. And not very Buddhist.

And cats are carnivores and not omnivores like humans so being a veggie is NOT okay for cats.

Okay, to each his own. Of course I'm sure it's okay with you if other people feed cats to dogs?

Okay, to each his own. Of course I'm sure it's okay with you if other people feed cats to dogs?

Well it beats putting all those stray cats to sleep doesn't it.

so far the diet looks good. we had three caracals (desert wild cats from judean desert); born in captivity, hand reared... the former pet zoo keeper (about 10 yrs ago now) at some point was unable to provide a full diet for them; so they got the 'leftover' chicks (the males that get weeded out from hatcheries for laying hens- they get thrown out, literally so most zoos make 'arrangements' to get them as free food for pelicans, storks, wild cats, and other carnivores). the problem with two day old chicks is that essentially, they dont have very high amounts of protein. its rather like eating eggs and not much more. the caracals suffered with anemia and other medical problems until their diet was improved upon.

u can rear your own mice or rats fro that matter and make your own miceicles or ratcicles; we did for our snakes. and baby rabbits are good also (if it doesnt put u off since they are naked and pink, but actually a food item).

eek: all the diseases and stuff comes from wild caught prey. good hand reared prey items that have been fed appropriately are good for carnivores, raw. not cooked. badly reared prey items will provide bad food. just like bad quality hay raised on poor soil will cause deficiencies in goats and horses. same for humans btw. the food an organism eats must have been raised on good soil/good meat. which all comes down to the battery chicken house chickesn and avian flue etc connection.

funnily enough, i have vegan friends, and their dogs are not vegan, but get a BARF diet. carnivores get meat.

bina

israel

• 5 months later...

Wild rodents as food are a bad idea. They carry the fleas which are the necessary host for tapeworm, which your cat will eat and complete the cycle.

We picked up a Tom, who loved eating rats and he was constantly shedding little 'grains of rice' - of course, he needed regular deworming but I would have preferred it that he didn't get the tapeworm in the first place. Gross!

Jimmijoe only eats whiskas or friskies and dry food.

I gave him raw food - meat, fish etc, to no avail. The only raw food he eats is birds and mice that he catches himself.

Now that he is getting old and fat (a bit like his momma!!) he will eat only the canned stuff.

His sister, who died last year, would eat everthing that was not canned. Chicken, liver, fish.

I guess that cats have taste, like us.