The Ultimate Thai Ringtone

george

Thanks to good friend Andy who, while shooting a film upcountry, came across this so typical Thai sound. And caught it.

He played around with it, cleaned up background noise, edited it – et voilà, here are the MP3 and MP4 ringtones for your phone.

Says Andy that recently in a Bangkok taxi his phone rang and the surprised taxi driver was so astonished to hear that sound in his car that he started looking around for …

Click the file to listen to it. Right-click for download to install on your cell phone. Will sure turn some heads.

Here’s the MP3, here the MP4.

Thanks again Andy!

Source: absolutelybangkok.com

Nice one!

Any :) idea how to download this, anytime I click the link the Quick time player opens... instead of download manager "save it/file"

Did you right click on it ??

ype did and there was only option "save as movie"...?

it isn't exactly a movie, or is this the secret to save it?

Then is the question as what sort of file will "Quick time" save it?

Will it still be useable as a Ringtone?

thanks!

yep did and there was only option "save as movie"...?

it isn't exactly a movie, or is this the secret to save it?

Then is the question as what sort of file will "Quick time" save it?

Will it still be useable as a Ringtone?

-Right click on one of the two links that George provided

-choose "Save link as..." (in Firefox, not sure about explorer)

-In the window that pops up, you can choose the location to save to as well as what format. Choose .mp3 or .mp4 depending on which of George's links you chose.

-If your phone accepts .mp3s for ringtones (that is the most common format), load it into your phone, (however you load other ringtones, each phone is different), and try it.

Oh my god. Can't use this, the wife would run from the house screaming every time... for some reason she's scared to death of these guys.

first thought . . . that's exactly while I'll use it.

The voice of reason: "don't"

:D

Ive been using a Tukkae as my phone ring for months now. NOw you gone and pinched it! :)

But yes, the looks i get when others hear it is great. Always brings a smile on ppls faces.

dam_n you George! Grrrr..

(edit: i actually got the mp3 many months ago from Thaivisa forum. One of the members posted it!)

Edited by eek

I want to use this ringtone but have a problem with it - the Thais believe that six "takaws" is unlucky! These things live in our roof space and the wife anxiously counts whenever they start up in case it is a portend of some dreadful happening. Is there a version with at least seven calls? A larger number would be even better.