Settlement Visa Granted

We just got our UK settlement visa for my wife (in a record 10 days with no interview !!)

The visa is valid 1st January and I am looking at flights, and for a 1 way ticket they are expensive ()and costing more than i pay for a return but nevermind.

I can find a flight which leaves Bangkok on 31st January and lands in Manchester on 1st January which is priced okay (£440 not £600 or £700!!)

Will the Thai passport control / Immigration have a problem with this ?

I am sure it will be okay as she can show her ticket etc but my wife likes to worry and is scared they will have a problem with her. She is travelling back alone.

What do you think ? I appreciate your advise

I can find a flight which leaves Bangkok on 31st January and lands in Manchester on 1st January

Wow, you've either found a time-travelling flight or the slowest long-haul flight in history!

Seriously though, you should be ok. We landed in the UK on the first day my wife's visa was valid. As long as it is valid on the day you land in the UK you should be fine.

Thai Immigration will not be concerned about your visa, though you will have to convince the check-in staff at with your airline, as it's them who would be liable for a £2000 fine if they carried you without entry clearance.

Providing you are set to land during the validity of the visa I don't envisage you will have a problem, though be prepared to convince the check-in staff.

I can find a flight which leaves Bangkok on 31st December and lands in Manchester on 1st January

Wow, you've either found a time-travelling flight or the slowest long-haul flight in history!

Seriously though, you should be ok. We landed in the UK on the first day my wife's visa was valid. As long as it is valid on the day you land in the UK you should be fine.

Visas are usually valid from the day of issue, unless the applicant requests differently; did you do so?

As said, as long as she arrives in the UK on or after the 1st Jan she should not have any problems. The check in staff should know when the flight is due to arrive, and Thai immigration/passport control will not be concerned about the validity or otherwise of her UK visa.