Digital Television

huahin

Heck they cant even do 3G and you want digital TV. :)

I agree. I was greatly disappointed with the quality of reception we get here with satellite. VERY substandard to what we got in the States. The difference between what I see with satellite here compared to when I put a normal DVD in...wow!

The Thai Satellite TV (Truevisons) is digital, but they don't care about quality that much.

Very high compression ratio so they can cram as many channels as possible on one transponder, so cost stays as low as possible for them.

So bad that on a decent LCD/Plasma TV the comression artifact are very clear and really degrade the viewing experience. It actually looks better on an old CRT television!

Terrestrial digital TV will likely never see the light in Thailand, as they don't want to force the entire population to change television sets!

And there are a few HD channels on the C & Ku satellite bands. True have a full 1920x1080 demo running and the details are below;

Serviceinfo

Name: RS100

Provider: TRUE

Videoformat: 16:9

Videosize: 1920x1080

Pids

VideoPid: 0x0202 (514d)

AudioPid: 0x029E (670d)

PCRPid: 0x0202 (514d)

PMTPid: 0x0102 (258d)

TXTPid: 0x00-1 (-1d)

TSID: 0x0008 (8d)

ONID: 0x0058 (88d)

SID: 0x032D (813d)

Heck they cant even do 3G and you want digital TV. :)

I agree. I was greatly disappointed with the quality of reception we get here with satellite. VERY substandard to what we got in the States. The difference between what I see with satellite here compared to when I put a normal DVD in...wow!

Don’t forget the rain. I lose my UBC probably 10 of the times during raining season. But I don’t get 10% discount for lack of availably

Im my area around Sri Nakarin there are approx 20 new housing projects totalling more than 3000 new homes. I can see a True Visions dish on about 40% of those houses. That is just our small area of Bangkok. For True Visions, revenue/profit increases, but the same shit service and picture quality remains.