Webcam Problem

krading

Last night I tried to start a video call using messenger and my web cam refused to work, I could see her but she couldn't see me. I got a window saying something along thelines of 'web cam disabled or not functioning'.

I've tried starting it using 'Camera Assistant Software' but it tells me "Cannot open AVI"

I tried taking a photo of myself using "USB video device" through the control panel and that worked ok so I assume the problem lies in video settings. I never had a problem with it before and I haven't changed anything that I know of. I was stuffing around with the 'function' key trying to type in Thai but I don't think you can disable the camera through the keyboard.

It's got me stuffed, so any help from the 'Techies' would be greatly appreciated.

Hi trodgers,

It's an inbuilt webcam but under 'Computer Management / Imaging Devices I can only find 'USB Video Device'.

When I go into 'Messenger / Tools / Audio and video setup' everything works fine using that device. Messenger names the webcam as a USB device for some reason.

Hi surangw,

I'm sure I downloaded the latest 'Messenger' not too long ago and everything had been working fine until now.

I'll give it another go tonight and see what happens.

Thanks to both of you for the help so far.