Hotel/guest House In Cm

Krungbin

Hi to you all,

A couple of friends of mine will soon come to Thailand and expect to spend a few days in Chiang Mai and surroundings.

Any good value hotel and/or guest house you can recommend?

Price per night should be anywhere between 500 and 1000 THB

Thanks for your advise :)

At this time of year, it is too cold here at night and in the mornings to use a swimming pool at all even though days are very warm and comfortable. The Montri is probably one of the best deals in town for a nice, clean hotel room with English TV and no swimming pool.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Only a right mug would pay more than 500bht a night for a guest house in chiangmai.

Most of the people on this forum seem hopelessly out of touch with prices.

A nice room can be had almost everywhere for 200bht a night, MoonMung Soy 2 has many places at this price. Top North Guest House, Krit, Naunpranee Guest house. To name just a few.

PS

Don't forget when a white person asks the price of a room, the Thai receptionist will make a judgement about how stupid you look. Try saying "I can get a room next door for 200bht, this place looked nicer but not at xxxbht a night" then start to walk away.

PPS

Ask to see the room you are offered before paying any money.

Edited by pjclark1

pjclark is correct, however, a lot of places have made their rooms nicer and added English TV, aircon and a fridge and ask around 600 baht.

My electricity went out one night during low season and I was amazed at how hard it was to find a cheap room on the spur of the moment.