I Need A New Game (pc)

Wolfie

I need something new to play...

I dont like FPS style games or any kinda 'twitch' game, i much prefer a good strategy (real time or turn based)

I dont mind if its a MMO, offline or online multi-player, i dont mind if its historical, fantasy or sci-fi

I'm a bit out of touch with whats good and whats cr@p these days, so any of you avid gamers got any suggestions for me?

Been having a lot of fun with "Torchlight" on PC - Really good "Diablo" Clone

For turn based games look for "Light of Altair" and "Gratuitous Space Battles". Both are Strategy-Lite games that you can play a game in around 45mins to 1hr

Just don't have the time for the really deep ones these days!

However one PC game did suck-up days of my life a few weeks ago - "Dragon Age:Origins". By far the best RPG I've played on PC for years (avoid the console versions though as the game was designed for keyboard and mouse)

Edited by Ian_B

Hard to recommend without knowing what games you've played.

Even AoE ( or great grand daddy Civilisation) could be fun if you've never had a crack at it before, right?

The 'Total War' franchise put out a new one every couple of years, and are still fun to play.

For my money the original "Shogun" is still the best, though it's got to be at least a decade old.

"Rome" isn't bad and the Napoleonic era version that came out a year ago is ok.

Free online fantasy game: http://www.perfectworld.com.my/ Dont be put off with the "free" part, thinking it will be crap. Its not. Money making comes from CubiGold, if you want to buy extra stuff. (Btw, thats the link for the perfect world international server. Dont go with the original Chinese server, unless you can speak and write Chinese :) ). Its kind of like a cross between WOW and Lineage. LOADS of players. PVP too, if thats your bag. Quests, team mode and solo. Etc etc.

9475.jpg

2009-08-1423-00-57.jpg

Been playing it for well over a year now. If you decide to try it out, welcome to pm me.

• 4 months later...