Nsr 150 Vs 650

Powerband

1) I wouldn't say he left him "way way" behind. He pulled away a bit.

2) CBR is massively moded out.

3) Ninja is stock.

4) Ninja rider sucks.

5) CBR rider is touted as "one of the fastest riders he knows"

With my Nouvo 135cc auto I can ride in circles around most of the guys renting a CBR1000 on Patong Beach. Doesnt mean my Nouvo is fast or my Ninja 650 is slow. any bike is no faster than its rider

If I listen to the sound of the Kawasaki Ninja 650R, I would say that the Kawasaki rider was holding back... If you put me on a Yamaha M-1 MotoGP machine and ask me to ride against a professional rider on something like a 250GP bike I maybe capable to keep the tail in sight but could never overtake him (maybe on the straight for a few seconds).

We dont know if any of the bikes are modified nor how good the riders are.

Check out the end of the film, he starts to get the feel of the track then really starts to pull away. That dudes insane check out the tires smoking in the curves. :D In the end the NSR is out of camera shot, but I think its just because the 650 rider just gave up.

In any case check out how that NSR sticks to the track, pretty impressive, the bike looks to be dialed in pretty good.

Like I said, looks like a good track for the NSR, but probably not the 650 :)

3) Ninja is stock.

4) Ninja rider sucks.

How could I forget #6) The EX650 is just a two-pot imitation of a sports bike!! lol :)

3) Ninja is stock.

4) Ninja rider sucks.

How could I forget #6) The EX650 is just a two-pot imitation of a sports bike!! lol :D

Left my Ninja 650 in Hua Hin 16 days ago. Worst mistake ever. Going back there today. I m aching all over to ride my two-pot imitation tonight :):D

3) Ninja is stock.

4) Ninja rider sucks.

How could I forget #6) The EX650 is just a two-pot imitation of a sports bike!! lol :D

Left my Ninja 650 in Hua Hin 16 days ago. Worst mistake ever. Going back there today. I m aching all over to ride my two-pot imitation tonight :D:D

Yeah well I sold mine 3 weeks ago. You can imagine how much I'm missing it. :)

its always the rider, never the machine

Yes, this is so true.Although the track was a bit narrow/small and thus in favor for the nsr.

Having said that, i do quite like these 2stroke( nsr150) too....would actually look into having one ,as an extra bike to "play" and do some shorter rides.(not sure which 2 stroker is the better choice though krr,nsr...)

For other rides i would be happier on the ER6N or F ... :)

ridingLOS

Yes, this is so true.Although the track was a bit narrow/small and thus in favor for the nsr.

Having said that, i do quite like these 2stroke( nsr150) too....would actually look into having one ,as an extra bike to "play" and do some shorter rides.(not sure which 2 stroker is the better choice though krr,nsr...)

ridingLOS

The NSR's are different in performance if it is a pre 99' model year, the pre 99's are shorter, lighter and grip the ground better, but aren't as fast as the post 99' NSR's..top speed differs about 25kph.Although this is probably do to the exhaust pipe, which is flat bottomed on the post 99' bikes..Both are great though.

The Yamaha TZM 150 has a powerband that winds up just a bit slower than the NSR, but when it hits and the YPVS opens, its hectic. The TZM is more purpose built for higher speeds over 140kph, and more attention is paid to small details, for instance there's an engine oil overflow tube that drains excess oil right onto the front sprocket, oiling the chain at the same time.

I just picked up a Kawasaki KRR ZX150 this past weekend but haven't had time to wring it out yet.

ridingLOS

The NSR's are different in performance if it is a pre 99' model year, the pre 99's are shorter, lighter and grip the ground better, but aren't as fast as the post 99' NSR's..top speed differs about 25kph.Although this is probably do to the exhaust pipe, which is flat bottomed on the post 99' bikes..Both are great though.

The Yamaha TZM 150 has a powerband that winds up just a bit slower than the NSR, but when it hits and the YPVS opens, its hectic. The TZM is more purpose built for higher speeds over 140kph, and more attention is paid to small details, for instance there's an engine oil overflow tube that drains excess oil right onto the front sprocket, oiling the chain at the same time.

I just picked up a Kawasaki KRR ZX150 this past weekend but haven't had time to wring it out yet.

Ok, so i will await for your review on the KRR ZX150 and how it is comparable to the nsr & tzm....

ridingLOS

...forgot to add, the NSR's feel light and peppy, while the TZM feels more sticky to the ground and doesnt like to do 1st gear wheelies. But wheelies are easier to control than the NSR...The TZM is also a heavier bike.

At high speeds the TZM feels much more stable, both bikes are dropped 2 inches upfront.

The NSR will get the holeshot since the powerband kicks in faster, but the TZM is less dependant on the powerband with more normal power and a longer lasting powerband, so when the powerband does kick in, its badass.

I would agree with your comments about the NSR and the TZM (having owned both). The TZM is heavier and more stable at high speeds. Compared to the NSR, it is almost more of a 'touring bike'. You can cruise fairly comfortably at higher speeds. And you don't have to rev it to get some access to power at lower speeds. The NSR is lighter, and more nimble. Definitely more maneuverable at slow speeds in BKK traffic.

I would agree with your comments about the NSR and the TZM (having owned both). The TZM is heavier and more stable at high speeds. Compared to the NSR, it is almost more of a 'touring bike'. You can cruise fairly comfortably at higher speeds. And you don't have to rev it to get some access to power at lower speeds. The NSR is lighter, and more nimble. Definitely more maneuverable at slow speeds in BKK traffic.

Thanks for the feedbacks .

The NSR & TZM have the same access to spares? I am still undecided ...nsr,tzm,krr...not sure how the krr compares so looking forward to Powerband's reply ...or if anybody knows that bike i am keen to know.

What are the prices on those bikes? I don't mind if it don't look that great, as long as the engine/gears..is working, the cosmetical part i'll have it done later,'

ridingLOS

The NSR & TZM have the same access to spares?

Yes, you should have no problems getting parts for either the NSR or TZM. Both have been out of production for a while, but I never had a problem getting spare parts. Even had an engine rebuild on the TZM and was no problem finding parts. However, with the NSR there is the Honda RC valve which is very expensive to buy new. The TZM you do not need to worry about that. Keep in mind that 2 strokes are a simpler design (no engine valves), with less parts, and easier for maintenance and repair. I do not know how the KRR compares. However the KRR is still in production. May be more expensive (because it is newer), but then again it is a newer bike.

However the KRR is still in production.

This part i didn't know...i looked at Kawasaki Thailand Website there is nowhere any info that this bike is actually available....any idea where i can get more info on this bike ....and any price known as new bike?

ridingLOS

Ok the KRR is a little bit peppier than the NSR since its lighter, the engine is also extremely smooth, and the steering is really light, although this could be do to fresher bearings.

The gear shifter is really light as well. This KRR feels like your riding on a cloud. Really smooth bike

off the line its a tossup between the KRR and NSR, the power is almost identical, the powerband takes a split second longer than the NSR, but the rise in power is more linear and a good bit smoother.

The riding position of the KRR is more upright, not sportbikish at all,and the handlebars are wider. The NSR feels more stable since its a bit heavier.The KRR-ZX is a very light bike.

I took a 5 hour ride today in the morning starting at 6am, and the power never dropped within this time frame.

Ok the KRR is a little bit peppier than the NSR since its lighter, the engine is also extremely smooth, and the steering is really light, although this could be do to fresher bearings.

The gear shifter is really light as well. This KRR feels like your riding on a cloud. Really smooth bike

off the line its a tossup between the KRR and NSR, the power is almost identical, the powerband takes a split second longer than the NSR, but the rise in power is more linear and a good bit smoother. The overall power of the KRR-ZX is about the same as the NSR, but its delivery is more streamlined. Its like the power is chasing the KIPS valve, while the power of the NSR is like the RC valve is opening the gate too let the power out. The TZM is just sick and starts to roar, like floodgates have just been opened.

The riding position of the KRR is more upright, not sportbikish at all,and the handlebars are wider. The NSR feels more stable since its a bit heavier.The KRR-ZX is a very light bike.

I took a 5 hour ride today in the morning starting at 6am, and the power never dropped within this time frame.

The KRR-ZX is the most expensive out of them all, since these were late model releases. From a used bike dealer they go for around 27k-35k baht - thats if you can find them, very hard to find.

So i'd say the NSR is best all around, the KRR is the mackdaddy bike and the TZM is for the riding experience.

A few thoughts on the KR/KRR. This has a mechanical valve, whereas the TZM and the NSR have electronic (I think), so I'd guess it's easier to work on and maybe more reliable?

The KR/KRR's are much more common than the other two, so I'd imagine parts and knowledgeable mechanics are easier to find.

Regarding the weight, the KRR--ZX is heavier than the regular KRR/KR, isn't that right? I think it's due to the different frame.

Also, considering it was produced since the early nineties, it'd be interesting to know any changes in the motor over this time. Besides the frame and fairing, what other differences are the in between the KRR--ZX and the KR/KRR?

Im not sure if the KR or ZX is heavier, the ZX just looks big, but up close the KR looks big too if it has the stock wheels on it. The surface area of the ZX frame tubes are smaller than the box frame design of the KR, so may actually be lighter. But the ZX is wider in the fairings.