Gold In Dem Der Shops

Gonzo the Face

Friend of mine is coming to town for an annual visit and has the following reqest.

His is looking for two different gold coins.

Canadian Maple Leaf 1 ounce gold coin;

Chinese Panda 1 ounce gold coin

Anyone know if these are able to be bought in CM?

Is it legal to buy gold coins like this and if so is there any problems in leaving the country with them?

Not having any gold, I know less than nothing about the subject, so any help would be appreciated.

Gonzo

Probably have a better shot in Bangkok than here. Also he will pay the going price for gold which isn't cheap right now. There is a gold shop above the airport Rimping that sells bullion, maybe they could help.

I buy some small quantities of bullion in CM and most of the gold shops have it but I have found no place selling gold coins here. Don't know about BKK.

I have some gold krugerrand coins from South africa that I wanted to sell when I was in BKK, but could not find any gold shop that accepts them at a fair price, thai gold shops are not familiar with them and will only buy them at a discount of 30 or 40% from the international price.

I have some gold krugerrand coins from South africa that I wanted to sell when I was in BKK, but could not find any gold shop that accepts them at a fair price, thai gold shops are not familiar with them and will only buy them at a discount of 30 or 40% from the international price.

Suspect they knew exactly what they were and just tried to buy cheap.