Any Western-style Sauna Or Spa In Bangkok?

welovesundaysatspace

There are some things I am missing about Bangkok and one of these things is Western-style saunas or spas. Back home I enjoy to have a day or some hours in a nice big spa with different kinds of saunas, jacuzzis, pools, gardens, etc., while it is mixed and no one cares about walking naked (actually it is not allowed to wear a towel or anything). Here in Bangkok there seems to be a big scene of gay saunas but that is not what I am interested in (however, it makes it difficult to find something searching with Google). Furthermore, all the major gyms, spas and hotels seem to have saunas but I think none of them are mixed and naked and actually all of them seem to be more like some small rooms added but not a real big sauna-garden.

So do you know of any Western-style sauna in Bangkok?

I wouldn't call a place where you walking around the pool, gardens, ect, a "western stye", it's gay or a nudist resort ...... which is only a little less gay. Thai people have more class and dignity than to wander around in public naked, or tell someone they can't use a towel. ROFL ....

It is neither gay nor nudist. It is a common style of wellness in Europe. People go there for relaxation and health. Maybe you've never been to Europe or you are just as prude and lacking confidence as some (I write 'some' because I do not want to over-simplify like you) Thais if you really want to call such low-class and a lack of dignity. Or you just don't know that taking off the towel is more relaxing and hygienic. As far as you don't have to be ashamed of a small penis :)

Edited by welovesundaysatspace

yeah probably US fellows who can not accept the normality of a naked body....and thai people will have three girlfriends, and the some ladys ..... like rabbits but when they jump out of bed the run for the "towel"

anyway to come back to the original question, there is a silom sauna but pretty ugly place

then there is the "King and I" Men only Sauna, they like swedish style sauna with hot and cold pool but no garden. Its at Nana Plaza if you pm me i can help

It is neither gay nor nudist. It is a common style of wellness in Europe. People go there for relaxation and health. Maybe you've never been to Europe or you are just as prude and lacking confidence as some (I write 'some' because I do not want to over-simplify like you) Thais if you really want to call such low-class and a lack of dignity. Or you just don't know that taking off the towel is more relaxing and hygienic. As far as you don't have to be ashamed of a small penis :)

Maybe it would help if you could be more specific. Which countries in Europe are you referring to? I lived in Europe for many years and visited large spas in many countries (Hungary, Italy, Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Slovakia, etc.). In all of the spas, there were large common areas in which swimming suits were required. Some spas had separate mens/womens areas that allowed nudity, but they were never mixed. Which countries have mixed, nud_e spas?

Germany, Belgium, Netherlands,.. Even if you go to a public swimming pool which has a spa area you would go there naked, otherwise you would be kicked out or at least people would stare at you and be offended. I guess it is not different in the Scandinavian countries where the sauna thing has its roots. Sometimes you have to wear a towel in areas like the restaurant, cafe, etc., but in the actual saunas, pools, jacuzzis, etc. being naked is enforced.

However, referring to Wikipedia, sauna culture seems to differ in the various countries, with countries like Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, etc. where nud_e and mixed saunas are normal and nudity often is even enforced; with other countries where nudity is tolerated or allowed in the single saunas; etc. But considering a nud_e and mixed sauna as low-class or a lack of dignity or some form of sex is ridiculous.

then there is the "King and I" Men only Sauna, they like swedish style sauna with hot and cold pool but no garden. Its at Nana Plaza if you pm me i can help

Thanks, but I guess it is one of the many gay saunas. As mentioned before, searching with Google for "bangkok sauna" or similar will return loads of these gay places. Some must be really nice and stylish, yet still contact places for gays. Wearing a towel or small pants seems to be common, nudity being tolerated or having specific nud_e days. Anyways, it is not what I am looking for.

Edited by welovesundaysatspace

Maybe it would help if you could be more specific. Which countries in Europe are you referring to? I lived in Europe for many years and visited large spas in many countries (Hungary, Italy, Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Slovakia, etc.). In all of the spas, there were large common areas in which swimming suits were required. Some spas had separate mens/womens areas that allowed nudity, but they were never mixed. Which countries have mixed, nud_e spas?

France,Sweden, Austria, Germany, England to name but a few also a thriving Naturism sector in Europe

I wouldn't call a place where you walking around the pool, gardens, ect, a "western stye", it's gay or a nudist resort ...... which is only a little less gay. Thai people have more class and dignity than to wander around in public naked, or tell someone they can't use a towel. ROFL ....

Thais .......classs!!!!!!!!....dignity!!!!!!!!!!! are we living in the same country?

In Germany and neighbouring countries, mixed and nud_e is the default setting for all stand-alone saunas, sauna gardens, and even saunas in fitness centres, public pools and hotels. Some saunas have "ladies only" or (less common) "men only" periods, but mixed is the usual. So I know where the OP is coming from.

However you will not find anything remotely similar in Thailand. Mixed nudity in a non-sexual setting is just completely foreign to the culture. What European-style saunas there are, are segregated and people keep their bathing suits on.

Traditional Thai herbal saunas are worth a try though, even though you do them wrapped in a sarong.

I also would like to know where is a good place that has both a dry sauna room (wooden seats, floor and walls) with the oven-rocks that you can splash buckets of menthol-smelling water to heat the room up, and also a hot steam room with tiled floor / walls and a glass door. It's always fun to sit in one room for about 10mins, take a short break then go to the next room, on and off for an hour or two. I'm from America so we always wear shorts (and top for women) in public places that have these, like health or fitness clubs. These places are great to really wash you out and relax the rest of the day. Where can you find in bangkok (at good prices)?

We went to one called Silom Spa or Silom sauna, I think. A Thai mate took me, not surprisingly its in Silom, in a back street in like a semi Industrial area, It is essentially a large shed, it has hot, cold dip pools, spa, sauna, steam room, a gym, they serve meals and you can get female companionship if you choose, it is pretty much a Thai only thing, there was only one other Farang there out of the 50 or so guys. I can't give you an exact name or address as the guy who took me has sadly passed away. It is like a gentlemans club for Thais not very upmarket but very good.

The best in Bangkok is opposite the Crystal Park Football pitch next to Crystal Park on Ram Intra Rd. The front bulding is a fish bowl gentlemans place. ignore that if you want? and go through the first building and head into the back garden area with a side entrance on the right.

Probably the best sauna/steamroom/gym/relaxation place in the whole of bangkok. This is mainly a Thai place as there is NO signage but very clean and plush for these types of sauna. The staff are amazing friendly.

Look out for the Bangkok Resort from the road side and you will know you are in the right place. Sorry cant remember the soi no.

Cost 200thb!!

it is a normal sauna it just has two buildings, but you can walk around the first buildng from the outside. This is not a seedy place and is not directy connected to the first building. Some guys take there kids! Like most of the these places it is so cheap as it is subsidised by the massage/fishbowl.

Strictly Men only,as the Thai guys need a plce to get away fro the wife/mia noi etc..... 5555

Edited by kirky

it is a normal sauna it just has two buildings, but you can walk around the first buildng from the outside. This is not a seedy place and is not directy connected to the first building. Some guys take there kids! Like most of the these places it is so cheap as it is subsidised by the massage/fishbowl.

Strictly Men only,as the Thai guys need a plce to get away fro the wife/mia noi etc..... 5555

kinky, is it naked or do people wear a towel?

• 9 months later...

France,Sweden, Austria, Germany, England to name but a few also a thriving Naturism sector in Europe

Actually naturism/nudism is a live and well in Thailand, at ThailandNaturist.com and has been growing larger each year. Believe it or not there are many Thai, Asians, and western members. We are not swingers or into that life style. There are even resorts that are clothing optional in Thailand, monthly meeting, as well as nud_e cruises.

• 1 month later...

Actually naturism/nudism is a live and well in Thailand, at ThailandNaturist.com and has been growing larger each year. Believe it or not there are many Thai, Asians, and western members. We are not swingers or into that life style. There are even resorts that are clothing optional in Thailand, monthly meeting, as well as nud_e cruises.

Naturism in Thailand as of 14 Oct 2010

If you're traveling with fellow nudists, you have increasing naturist options in Thailand. There are resorts that cater to naturist/nudists; another other option is to rent a secluded villa with a swimming pool. Either way you can use one as your base of operations for the balance of a conventional, textile vacation.

A growing Thailand Naturist Association recently formed. At last count there were over 450 members. Monthly meeting are held as well as special events, nud_e cruises, and other outings. They are continually researching resorts that could be used for naturism.

Contact them at:

www.ThailandNaturist.com

Pattaya, Thailand

Pattaya is on the seacoast about 1.5 hours east of from Bangkok. so you have access to the long, wide beach there. There are off shore islands that have been used for naturist activities. There’s a lot to do and see in the area plus Pattaya is on the mainland, south-southeast of Bangkok about 110+ miles so it's easy to visit both cities. You can reach Pattaya via ground transportation via bus or train in 1.5 hours if you choose, resorts will arrange transportation if requested.

Chan Twin Resort (previously Chan Resort)

Chan Twin Resort for Nudists: A new clothing optional property that might appeal to nudists primarily is being advertised for nudist use. Chan Twin Resort is a member of the Naturist Friendly Resorts of Thailand Naturists. Chan Twin Resort is located in Pattaya where we've visited before.

Chan Resort (under construction)

This new resort is under construction and hopefully will have its grand opening in early 2011. The resort owners consulted Thailand Naturist Association on resort design aspects that would be complimentary to naturists.

Edina nud_e Cruises

The Edina has twice before conducted nud_e cruises with Thailand Naturist Association, one for a full day and another for two days cruise of the off shore island of Pattaya.

Cha Am, Thailand

Cha Am is located on the sea coast about 2.5 hours drive west from Bangkok.

Thai Bamboo Resort

A wellness day in our resort with Thai massage, the smell of jasmine and relaxing music, plus our lovely garden pool. Simply what you deserve: A nice naturist holiday!

Contact them at:

http://thai-bamboo.com/

We went to one called Silom Spa or Silom sauna, I think. A Thai mate took me, not surprisingly its in Silom, in a back street in like a semi Industrial area, It is essentially a large shed, it has hot, cold dip pools, spa, sauna, steam room, a gym, they serve meals and you can get female companionship if you choose, it is pretty much a Thai only thing, there was only one other Farang there out of the 50 or so guys. I can't give you an exact name or address as the guy who took me has sadly passed away. It is like a gentlemans club for Thais not very upmarket but very good.

There are 2 around there. One is on soi ngam duplee about 100m from the yennakart junction towards the expressway, the other is on the soi that cuts from ngam duplee to rama IV near the tesco express.

In Germany and neighbouring countries, mixed and nud_e is the default setting for all stand-alone saunas, sauna gardens, and even saunas in fitness centres, public pools and hotels. Some saunas have "ladies only" or (less common) "men only" periods, but mixed is the usual. So I know where the OP is coming from.

However you will not find anything remotely similar in Thailand. Mixed nudity in a non-sexual setting is just completely foreign to the culture. What European-style saunas there are, are segregated and people keep their bathing suits on.

Traditional Thai herbal saunas are worth a try though, even though you do them wrapped in a sarong.

'nud_e' just checking to see if it is possible to write nud_e without nud_e

Edit good lord how strange. nud_e nud_e nud_e

n u d e

Edited by tgeezer