Motor Bike Alarm

Pdavies99

The one that I have seen was at the Kawa dealer on Sukhumvit road north of Big C on the opposite side. I am sure most other major M/C dealers have them in stock as well.

It isn't like a car alarm that makes the noise and disables the starter, but it is a piece of steel (a little larger than a cigarette lighter) that attaches to the disk brake.

It makes it hard to push your M/C away and also makes an ear splitting wail sound if the bike is slightly jarred or moved.

Not sure but I think there were 3 or 4 difference models from about 1,200 baht to 5,000 baht. I also believe they all have the remote key chain device.

I am also going to buy one as soon as I can remember to stop by one of the shops.

The one that I have seen was at the Kawa dealer on Sukhumvit road north of Big C on the opposite side. I am sure most other major M/C dealers have them in stock as well.

It isn't like a car alarm that makes the noise and disables the starter, but it is a piece of steel (a little larger than a cigarette lighter) that attaches to the disk brake.

It makes it hard to push your M/C away and also makes an ear splitting wail sound if the bike is slightly jarred or moved.

Not sure but I think there were 3 or 4 difference models from about 1,200 baht to 5,000 baht. I also believe they all have the remote key chain device.

I am also going to buy one as soon as I can remember to stop by one of the shops.

true, using an alarm system on a bike (small size) will be useless. how soon are you able to respond to the alarm or how loud is the alarm? the bad guys will carry/lift/push your bike and take it away in a few seconds.

It will be better off if you secure your bike to the ground, disable the disk brake (as noted), install an ignition disabler, secure a

thick chain & special lock that will be difficult to cut.

(just get a full value insurance protection on you bike so you don't have to worry,, good luck)

true, using an alarm system on a bike (small size) will be useless. how soon are you able to respond to the alarm or how loud is the alarm? the bad guys will carry/lift/push your bike and take it away in a few seconds.

It will be better off if you secure your bike to the ground, disable the disk brake (as noted), install an ignition disabler, secure a

thick chain & special lock that will be difficult to cut.

(just get a full value insurance protection on you bike so you don't have to worry,, good luck)

Fully agree. The sirens are not very loud and nobody really takes care of it.

I paid around 2,000 Baht each for different models, but chain, brake disk or other mechanical locks do a much better job imho

Cheers

In Europe you can subscribe to a GPS system. You buy the device, fit it in a secret location of the motorbike and finally join the GPS organisation which charges an annual fee. If the bike is stolen its location can be traced by the GPS people and, with luck, you will get it back!

Is there such a system operating in Thailand?