Post Office Mail From The Usa

hmficc

The kid sent me some odds and ends in a small box from the USA. How long will it take to get here. It went Priority Mail. Will customs paw thru it? I know they can do as they wish, but do they wish? Over 2 weeks now. Any way to follow up? How long should I wait and follow up with whom?

Handholding appreciated.

you can start off using the tracking number on the usps website.

upon arrival in thailand, the number will be scanned into the thai post system.

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinter...lt.aspx?lang=en

give it at least a month before you start to worry. in the last month i've received a priority mail letter in two

weeks and an air mail letter in three weeks. two months prior, a priority mail package took four weeks.

now is xmas mailing season, expect delays.

in the past six months, four large boxes sent surface from china, one small and one medium box sent

priority from the us. none opened by customs. i've read they're more interested in higher-value parcels

sent ems/ups.

We had a very good experience in moving ourselves to CM about a year ago with many, many U.S.P.S. global priority mail boxes. They have a "flat rate" box of 12-inx12-inx6-in where the rate is about $50 for anything you can stuff into that space, no matter how heavy. That's cheaper than the charge for extra luggage from the airlines, plus the boxes were delivered to our door here in Thailand vs. dragging extra luggage thru the airport and customs.

The post office supplied the boxes and taped them shut for us at the P.O. because we didn't know if they needed to see the contents. Basically, we used this to ship everything that wasn't fragile or very valuable. They arrived within 2 - 3 weeks, all in great shape and totally unexamined by Thai customs, although they had the right to do so.

This won't help you in anyway :) ....but I just got a couple of parcels from the kids Grandmother in the UK, sent normal parcel post they were sent last Friday from England and arrived yesterday in Doi Saket, that's 5 days including the weekend, respect to the British/Thai postal system :D

This won't help you in anyway :) ....but I just got a couple of parcels from the kids Grandmother in the UK, sent normal parcel post they were sent last Friday from England and arrived yesterday in Doi Saket, that's 5 days including the weekend, respect to the British/Thai postal system :D

Thank ypu al very much for the help.