Pacquiao-mayweather

Not done yet as far as I know, but they are talking about March 13th.

I am with you guys. As much as I like Manny, I think Mayweather's speed will win him the fight. I don't think Manny can keep up with him.

If the fight wil be on 13 March, where is a good place to watch this match, last time i go to Molly Malones.

Any ideas.

Cheers

Right now the odds have Mayweather the favorite. $100 on Pacman will win you $220. Not a bad bet, IMHO. Of course gambling is illegal and this in no way is to encourage anyone to participate in such an activity, unless you are in Vegas where its legal. :)

is it a 100% signed and dne deal yet? Huge fight for sure and would have to go with Mayweather to win this as much as I love Manny

According to the BBC today the fight "is off"........

"Floyd Mayweather Jr's planned bout with Manny Pacquiao is off because of a blood-testing dispute, according to Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum. "As far as I'm concerned, the fight is off," said Arum, referring to the scheduled 13 March welterweight bout.

The American's camp were told by Pacquiao's people that the Filipino would not agree to blood-testing in the 30 days prior to the fight.

The welterweight super-fight was expected to be the richest of all time."

Go Manny!!! Mayweather to go down, round 7 :D

Now Donnyboy would like to sit next to you in the bar and bet a few pins on it. :)

I would like to add a Poll for the game , does any one know how to do this?

youre welcome to sit in a bar next to me, but i have no idea what kind of pins youre wanting to bet on.

perhaps if you saw my smiley icon, you would realise that i said the above in jest!! :D

nevertheless, the fight looks like it wont go ahead, but you can start a poll by starting a new thread within the sports forum, and add poll in the poll options :D

Edited by Donnyboy

A shame if it doesn't happen, but Mayweather has come up with a clever way to back out. Pacquiao has agreed to a blood test 30 days before and immediately after in the locker room. Not good enough for Mayweather. He never wanted the fight anyway, that's why he "retired" - hoping someone would take Manny down and he wouldn't have to fight him. Pacquiao has the skill, heart and style to beat Mayweather and he knows it.

I have to believe it would or will be one of the better fights of all time. Both men are class A1 fighters. Pacman won't back down and he's tough as nails. Mayweather has the skills and speed to keep Pacman at bay for a while, but not forever. There WILL be some banging going on.

I sure hope they don't delay the fight for too long.

A shame if it doesn't happen, but Mayweather has come up with a clever way to back out. Pacquiao has agreed to a blood test 30 days before and immediately after in the locker room. Not good enough for Mayweather. He never wanted the fight anyway, that's why he "retired" - hoping someone would take Manny down and he wouldn't have to fight him. Pacquiao has the skill, heart and style to beat Mayweather and he knows it.

Well if Pacman has nothing to hide, just agree to the test before no? Then Mayweather has no way out.

Well if Pacman has nothing to hide, just agree to the test before no? Then Mayweather has no way out.

You're right, but this has never been an issue before - its just a psych job by Mayweather and his uncle. Let them get away with this one and who knows what they will come up with next. I'd love to see the fight, but hate to see the Mayweathers control boxing.

this bout could be a classic, if it ever went ahead,with 2 different styles

Manny with a warrior like spirit and mayweather all smile, speed and duck n weave

who knows, it still could go ahead if mayweather keeps losing $ in his gambling habits

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like its definitely off for now. Too bad. Pacman will sign to fight Clottey on March 13th. Mayweather is suddenly changing his demands about the testing, but Pacman - Clottey is pretty much set. Mayweather chickens out. Figures.

• 6 months later...

is it a 100% signed and dne deal yet? Huge fight for sure and would have to go with Mayweather to win this as much as I love Manny

^ No signed negotiation yet because Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the Sr. is talking a lot of nonsense and provocation just to . . i believe, to postpone the fight.

What with the Mayweathers? Why are they behaving like that?

^ No signed negotiation yet because Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the Sr. is talking a lot of nonsense and provocation just to . . i believe, to postpone the fight.

What with the Mayweathers? Why are they behaving like that?

hes a gifted boxer with a huge ego