1-2 Br House For 2 Months: Where To Look?

I'm looking for a reasonably priced 1-2 bedroom house (near the beach of course) with kitchen for renting for approximately 8-10 weeks.  Any beach (or rocky shore) would be OK as long as relatively quite and also secure.

I have just returned from Samui and the building boom there seems to have provided abundant rental accomodation, 'for rent' signs everywhere, I therefore think you are likely to get a better deal by staying in a beach bungalow for a couple of nights on arrival get your bearings and negotiate a deal on the spot rather than pay up front etc.

Yes, that makes sense, Mr Spacebass. We found the same thing earlier on in the year - just after the tsunami when apparently Ko Samui was 'packed' with overspill from the Andaman coast. It quite clearly wasn't and we had no trouble getting a lovely house near the beach for 9000 baht month.

We found the best approach was to find the area that you like best, look for a cluster of bungalows together - and if you like them, go to the nearest bar / resturant / internet shop and ask who owns them. (It will probably be the 'family' of the establishment you are standing in). Ours was basic, but brand new, spotless and in a superb spot. If you want to know more about our house, please feel free to PM me. (Not prepared to announce publicly where it is - it's a secret!)

Good luck

Kate

Great 2- 3 bedroom houses in Lamai, just by the river, 5 min walk to dead center Lamai. Very quiet at night. Fully furnished, UVC (satalight TV)if wanted, hot water, lots of space, AC, a GREAT landlord... the place is supurb! A bit pricey at 16000 B /MO 2 bedroom, 20000 B/ MO 3 bedroom, but worth it. We didn't even have to buy a spoon- includes everything, from a (rare in THailand) gas oven to an electric rice cooker, etc...

The place is called "Hawaii Village" and is home to many successful Ko Samui expats.

Tel: 01-979-2066, 077-418072 Ask for Lawrence.