Advs On Buying A Condo In Bkk

Hi All, am looking to buy a new development one bedroom 40-50sqm place with a budget of 5mb THB.

The place should be in the city and mins walk to a BTS or MRT.

Appreciate it if anybody could share where is a good development to consider. Thanks.

Decide on which area you might like to live in (based on traffic, transport, shops, bars, parks and other amenities) and walk around, and up and down all the sois.

With 5 million for 50 sq.m. pretty much all of Bangkok is in your price range, however many condos will not have the unit size you are after. When you get a feel for an suitable area walk into the condo management offices and ask if they have units for sale. Usually the keys will be with the office and you can view straight away.

In my condo there are quite a few units which are for sale/rent which are not advertised or with an agent. The condo mangement sells the unit for the owner (getting a cut from the seller NOT the buyer).

Agents are a waste of time (in my opinion)

I'm off to Bangkok on Dec 23rd to close on a condo. 1 bedroom 41 sq meter. five min walk to Sanam Bao skytrain station Near an outdoor market and shopping. Last October I heard that had one more one bedroom available for about 3.2million baht. Brand new project, just finished last month. They are in the process of transferring titles now.

http://www.silkcondominium.com/index.aspx?...081022163215663

Check out the Sukhumvit 38 and the surrounding area. There are a number of developments there and most within a short distance from the Thonglo BTS. If you are familiar with Sukhumvit 38, there is a very good outdoor food market that opens daily, especially at night. There are also a couple of nice restaurants closeby(including Face Restaurant and a popular Issan restaurant in 36) and of course those in Thonglo as well. There's even a Christian church there! Best of all, there is limited traffic within the soi and for the time being, most of the new developments are near completion. Makes it a nice and quiet neighborhood with close access to many resources.

There's a nice condo called Plus 38, located in Sukhumvit 38. A one bedroom will be in your price range, although they are difficult to come by. Here's one I found while I was browsing this morning:

http://www.condothai.com/showdetail.asp?ID=1&pro=7773

Its listed by Sun Property agency: http://www.condothai.com/index.asp

fyi, I have no connection with the agency or property. Just enjoy looking at real estate listings....now if I only had money!!!

Have fun hunting around!

Edited by mauiguy90

You should check with a larger real estate broker (for example: CBRE). They have listings by age, cost, size, location...so, you could specify "I'm looking for a new condo, located within 200M of a BTS or MRT station for no more than 70000THB/sqm"...