Renewal Of Non-immigrant B Visa And Working Permit

Dear kind readers,

I am a foreigner and currently holding a non-immigrant B visa together with a working permit. The Visa will ends in February 2010.

I wonder what are the procedure to renew the said visa and working permit and whether I could do it myself without using any agent to handle the renewal process. Please advise also how long it will normally takes to renew the said visa and working permit.

Your kind advice shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Lee

You can apply for 12 month extension of stay based on employment during the last 30 days of your current permission to stay if you meet the requirements. Requirements being 50k/month salary for westerners (but does vary depending on nationality) and you to provide work permit; your employer to provide company registration papers and audited accounts/tax receipts for the last 2 years. Fee 1,900 baht.

Once the extension is granted you would have to report your address to immigration every 90 days, but for most immigration offices that can be done by post. If you plan to travel abroad during the period of the extension you will need to obtain a re-entry permit from immigration to keep your permission to stay alive. Fee 1,000 baht single entry; 3,800 baht multi entry.

Your employer should also help you renewing your work permit as many of the same documents are required by the Labour Department. Processing times vary at different offices from a few days to over a week.