Looking For House To Rent On An Ongoing Basis

neilmc

Hi,

I'm looking to rent a 2 bedroom house in the Hua Hin area. Must be fully furnished and have full AC.

Does anyone know of any good and reputable rental agencies or owners who have property to rent in the area.

I would like it from the end of June onwards for at least a year.

One thing is important - I need internet access, preferably ADSL so any information on this would be a plus.

Thanks

Neil

Regarding ADSL.. all you really need is a phone line in the house.

Then stop by the TT&T office on Phetkasem Rd. and sign up for an ADSL package (6 month's contract). Their cable modem also costs about 1,250 baht.

It takes about 5-7 days to receive.

(I think ji-net is the best and most reliable. Maximum of 10 persons per line on the shared ADSL connection)

True.. and sometimes if you go through someone else you'll be paying a MONTHLY referral fee.

One guy quoted me 17,000 baht per month for a house that was referred by someone else.

Smelling something fishy (as I knew the referring person wasn't just being nice) I called the person renting the house and was quoted 15,000 per month.

This happened to me twice, although the second time was for about an "extra" 1,000 baht per month for the referral.