Australian Network Tv Problems

Mason45

In recent months I had problems with my satellite Australian Network TV , all the other channels that come with the package are perfect. I have 2 different decoders coming from the same dish and both decoders have the same excessive picture break up at the same time whereas all the other channels are good. It seems to me that there could be some outside interference but then if this is so why doesn't it affect the other channels that came with the package. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Which satellite do you use?

What is the SNR (signal-noise ratio) of Australia Network?

Channels on a different transponder can stronger, resulting in better image quality.

Is there another channel on the same transponder that gives you a perfect image, good SNR and a BER (bit error rate) that is zero or almost zero?

Edited by Prasert

Exactly what package are you on?

If you are simply hook up to a decent Dish, on the C Band, pointed at PAS (or Intel Sat 8), you shouldn't have a problem at all. I have not seen any problems with it since the ABC upgraded a few months back. They now have a beautiful picture and reception - My Thai mates are stunned by the quality of it and the vivid colours.

However if you are using 'Sharing' you will find the ABC Network is no longer available via 'Top Up TV'.

Another way of getting a good ABC Network reception is via DSTV or True's IPTV.

Exactly what package are you on?

If you are simply hook up to a decent Dish, on the C Band, pointed at PAS (or Intel Sat 8), you shouldn't have a problem at all. I have not seen any problems with it since the ABC upgraded a few months back. They now have a beautiful picture and reception - My Thai mates are stunned by the quality of it and the vivid colours.

However if you are using 'Sharing' you will find the ABC Network is no longer available via 'Top Up TV'.

Another way of getting a good ABC Network reception is via DSTV or True's IPTV.

I might add that in the evenings the reception is perfect but daytimes especially early mornings it's that bad that the only option is to turn it off. I have a friend who lives 2 kms from my house and he purchased the same package as me and we both used the same installer and he never has problems like I get.