Woman Commits Suicide After Alleged Argument With Boyfriend

Rimmer

Pattaya, December 14 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : A couple of hours before sunrise on Sunday morning police and rescue services were called to a rented room in an apartment complex on the eastern side of Jomtien after reports that a female had been found hanging from a length of rope. At the scene the police and Sawang Boriboon volunteers inspected the body of a 29-year-old Thai female. She had apparently hung herself by threading a length of rope over the top of the internal bathroom and then pushing herself from a chair. Police had been called by the woman’s 22-year-old boyfriend. He claimed the pair had gone to sleep earlier in the night but when he awoke he saw his girlfriend had committed suicide. Police were concerned about bruises on the dead woman’s arms and upper body and under questioning the boyfriend revealed he had inflicted them himself. At this stage there is no suggestion he was directly involved in the woman’s death.

Journalists interviewed the deceased’s mother who told them she had spoken to her daughter a few times by phone earlier in the day. Her mother said her daughter sounded distraught and claimed to have been beaten up by a customer at a hotel in central Pattaya. Her mother suggested this was not true and she had been attacked by her boyfriend. Her mother believes she committed suicide because she had a broken heart.

http://www.pattayaone.net

• 2 months later...

I have seen this story on pattayaone.net in December.

This was a girl who I have known for almost 4 years and I took holiday from work to attend the ceremonies. I actually spoke with her on the phone at 1am Sunday morning, evidently just hours before "it" happened. She was not depressed, sad, angry, hostile, or upset. She was normal. I've spoken with her almost every day since I met her in early 2006, so I would have known if she was in a suicidal mood.

I paid very close attention to her arms and hands when I saw her body at the cremation. I saw no bruises or scratches that would have indicated a fight. Still, I would really like to know what really happened that night. I honestly don't believe she was "beaten up by a customer". As previously stated, I knew her for almost 4 years and she always answered the phone when I called, regardless of time or day-of-the-week. She always claimed to be faithful and I appreciated that, but I was not concerned. She was more my sister than anything and she stated the same to me (not a boyfriend, but like a brother). Quite frankly, I never really cared if she went with other customers providing they did not abuse her and she was a willing participant. She felt the same and would pick out good looking girls for me. She was one of the coolest girls I have ever known. She was fun, funny, smart and seemed to know what I was thinking/wanting before even I knew...

I wonder to myself if there was something that I did (or didn't do) to indirectly cause her fate. I fear it might be something I have to live with forever.

She leaves behind two young kids, both male. I hope she found peace and if there is such a thing as reincarnation as all Thai's beleive, I hope her soul finds somewhere/something in which she can have a happy "next life".

Very sad, sorry for your loss. I hope her children are in good hands. :)

Thanks. I'm not sure, but I think they are with their Grandma. about one year ago, my lady-friend asked me to take care of her kids if anything would happen to her (motorbike accident, illness, etc.) and I said that I would. Aside from financial assistance, there is nothing I can do as I have no legal rights and the family legally takes custody (as they legally should.)