Visa run to poi pet

stumonster

hi ,

I am going to do a visa run tomorrow to poi pet and what I wanted to know is if I can just pay US$20 at the cambodian border  

or do I have to get my visa from the embassy here in bangkok.... I am 34 from aust..

I arrived on the 12th sept , got a 30 day visa at the airport, and on the 10th of october after parting with b1900 got a 14 day ext until 24th of oct in mukdahan...should have gone to laos.. would have only cost me B1500... you live and learn

:o   ok   I jumped the gun with my post.....

after reading a bit more on your site I found the answer to my question... when all else fails RTFM ( read the facking manual )

I have my passport, photo , and US$20  and will post a detail of my excursion when I return...stu

ah,, job done..

passed through thai immigration.. make sure you have your departure card filled out...( though I had no overstay ).

then filled out the visa application at the cambodian waiting area,

had my photo stapled to the form, passed the form, passport and 1000baht through the window on the left and ten minutes later had the full page cambodian visa sticker in my passport, walked across to the to the cambodian entry point ( harassed by many small children asking for one baht and men offering all sorts of visa stuff ). at the entry point got a entry/departure card from a couple of uniforms sitting in the corner, filled both out then, went to the window, gave my passport, got the quick question asking if I was going straight back to thailand, paid him 100baht, got my passport back, walked straight acroos the road to the cambodian exit point, handed over my passport with the completed departure form in it, got stamped out no problems...

walked back to the thai entry point( more , please sir, one baht ), had to wait in line to get an entry/departure card from the window, filled that out, gave passport and card thru window, waited a couple of minutes and was on my way.....

all up it took about 40 minutes, but there was no tour groups..

for where I was stayiing in cambodia I just wrote poi pet, and for where I was staying in thailand I just wrote bangkok..

ok no worries

stu

job well done, nice and simple, maybe next time you hook up with me, i rent a car, drive down there, bada bing, bada boom, we're back in thailand before mid afternoon.

by the way what kind of transport did you get down there by.

OH! he3l don't tell me by bus, i try that one time and never again i m going up a bus again.  :o