Another Farang Murdered

sriracha john

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

Have you been back in the states recently?

People are being killed for "cutting off" another person in traffic on the freeway.

Then we had that teenager who beat a friend to death with a baseball bat because he was angry that his "friend" had been talking to his girlfriend.

Not that those actions are any defence of what the Thai did. There are crazy people all over the world. I just hope I can stay away from them.

:D

Yes, back in the States now, absolutely beautiful weather, peaceful, easy living, great food and WINE.

Oh yes, the incidents you mention are isolated cases fully prosecuted vs routine behavior apparently condoned in Thailand. Big difference. Civilized vs uncivilized is how you sum it up.

Thailand is much more violent per capita, especially gun violence.

Do all of us poor, unsuspecting potential crime victims in Thailand a favor... and stay in the USA.

Without your compassionate presence here, Thailand is much more civilized.

The best thing to do is to avoid confrontations with Thai men,especially those who have had a beer or two because guns are easily accessible here and you may cause him to lose face without you knowing it.

Agreed, also I wouldn't follow the example of one of previous posters and get up and dance on my own at a village party I would always wait for wifey to take me dancin'.

People are being killed for "cutting off" another person in traffic on the freeway.

Then we had that teenager who beat a friend to death with a baseball bat because he was angry that his "friend" had been talking to his girlfriend.

Not that those actions are any defence of what the Thai did. There are crazy people all over the world. I just hope I can stay away from them.

Yes, back in the States now, absolutely beautiful weather, peaceful, easy living, great food and WINE.

Oh yes, the incidents you mention are isolated cases fully prosecuted vs routine behavior apparently condoned in Thailand. Big difference. Civilized vs uncivilized is how you sum it up.

Do all of us poor, unsuspecting potential crime victims in Thailand a favor... and stay in the USA.

I hear that a lot from sex tourists, sexpats and others with their head up their a**.

I hear that a lot from sex tourists, sexpats and others with their head up their a**.

So because someone disagrees with you they are a sex tourist?????

Sounds to me like your one of those guys that wishes he was over here but because for whatever reason you cant and therefore you have to try to convince yourself that you are in the better place.!!!

Upto you, but I think it unneccessary to have a go at Sriricha John just because he made what I consider to be an accurate comment. By the way I am NOT a sex tourist

Sounds to me like your one of those guys that wishes he was over here but because for whatever reason you cant and therefore you have to try to convince yourself that you are in the better place.!!!

Upto you, but I think it unneccessary to have a go at Sriricha John just because he made what I consider to be an accurate comment. By the way I am NOT a sex tourist

If I wanted to be in Thailand, I would be in Thailand as I am most of the year.

What is accurate about it? No facts, just a snide remark same as yours.

Why do you say you're not a sex tourist? What are you doing in Thailand? Culture?

Thailand is an extremely dangerous place when it comes to guns. Look at list of the number of murders by firearm, by country.

1. South Africa 31,918 (2000)

2. Colombia 21,898 (2000)

3. Thailand 20,032 (2000)

4. United States 8,259 (1999)

5. Mexico 3,589 (2000)

6. Zimbabwe 598 (2000)

7. Germany 384 (2000)

8. Belarus 331 (2000)

9. Czech Republic 213 (2000)

10. Ukraine 173 (2000)

from http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur_wit_fir

It's totally insane that there are so many murders by firearm in Thailand.

Thailand is an extremely dangerous place when it comes to guns.  Look at list of the number of murders by firearm, by country.

5. Mexico 3,589 (2000)

6. Zimbabwe 598 (2000)

7. Germany 384 (2000)

8. Belarus 331 (2000)

10. Ukraine 173 (2000)

Gracias

I hope you didn't spoil anyone's day with a dose of reality. The sexpat clan do not like reality rubbed in their face.

Thailand is an extremely dangerous place when it comes to guns.  Look at list of the number of murders by firearm, by country.

5. Mexico 3,589 (2000)

6. Zimbabwe 598 (2000)

7. Germany 384 (2000)

8. Belarus 331 (2000)

10. Ukraine 173 (2000)

These are interesting statistics. Nearly everywhere I have travelled in Thailand I find that the only people who carry guns are the Police and maybe military. Even Security Guards do not carry guns. From what I understand guns can not be owned by individuals and I have never seen a person on the street carry one. I also understand that should you be caught with one that there are severe penalties.

My question is how is it that there seems to be so many guns in the community and that so many deaths result from gun violence? Don't those that get caught carrying or using guns get prison terms? I thought they were strict on that issue.

I am British but lived in the US for a couple of years and relating to violence this is my conclusion (simplified admittedly): The vast poor violent areas in USA are for all intents and purposes segregated from the affluent areas and moreover people in each areas don't mix socially and and rarely visit each others areas for prolonged social activity. It seems to lead to one kind who think America is peachy and safe and another kind who think it is more violent than anywhere on planet earth. It also seems that Americans from the affluent areas have a serious lack of the basic survival skill of the ability to deal with confrontations and 'aggro' they might come across in a country like Thailand, whereas Thailand would be a walk in the park for most of the geezers I used to live with on Aviation Blvd, Los Angeles. So if you come from a nice burb you probably think Thailand is violent but if you hail from Grape St., Los Angeles then you probably think Thailand is anything but violent. There is no question of Klong Toey or Pattaya being more dangerous than probably the worst 20 areas in the US - no question - a bad area in America makes Thailand look safe wherever you may live in the kingdom, no question about it.

:o:D:D:D

5. Mexico 3,589 (2000)

6. Zimbabwe 598 (2000)

7. Germany 384 (2000)

8. Belarus 331 (2000)

10. Ukraine 173 (2000)

These are interesting statistics. Nearly everywhere I have travelled in Thailand I find that the only people who carry guns are the Police and maybe military. Even Security Guards do not carry guns. From what I understand guns can not be owned by individuals and I have never seen a person on the street carry one. I also understand that should you be caught with one that there are severe penalties.

My question is how is it that there seems to be so many guns in the community and that so many deaths result from gun violence? Don't those that get caught carrying or using guns get prison terms? I thought they were strict on that issue.

I can give an example.The island of Koh Tao, where a large proportion of Thai males carry guns,especially at night. This information came from a Thai .

5. Mexico 3,589 (2000)

6. Zimbabwe 598 (2000)

7. Germany 384 (2000)

8. Belarus 331 (2000)

10. Ukraine 173 (2000)

i think the farther you go out into the rural areas, the more you will find. I know in my wifes village we here gunfire in the distance on a daily basis.

5. Mexico 3,589 (2000)

6. Zimbabwe 598 (2000)

7. Germany 384 (2000)

8. Belarus 331 (2000)

10. Ukraine 173 (2000)

look around...thailand is a military/police state in disguise, that's why so many guys have a gun, even security guards have them :o

I am British but lived in the US for a couple of years and relating to violence this is my conclusion (simplified admittedly): The vast poor violent areas in USA are for all intents and purposes segregated from the affluent areas and moreover people in each areas don't mix socially and and rarely visit each others areas for prolonged social activity. It seems to lead to one kind who think America is peachy and safe and another kind who think it is more violent than anywhere on planet earth. It also seems that Americans from the affluent areas have a serious lack of the basic survival skill of the ability to deal with confrontations and 'aggro' they might come across in a country like Thailand, whereas Thailand would be a walk in the park for most of the geezers I used to live with on Aviation Blvd, Los Angeles. So if you come from a nice burb you probably think Thailand is violent but if you hail from Grape St., Los Angeles then you probably think Thailand is anything but violent. There is no question of Klong Toey or Pattaya being more dangerous than probably the worst 20 areas in the US - no question - a bad area in America makes Thailand look safe wherever you may live in the kingdom, no question about it.

:o:D:D:D

You are basically correct. The dangerous areas in The US are very dangerous, however I can report from first hand experience they have improved tremendously in the past 10 - 20 years. The basic point is these areas are not being touted as tourism safe havens as they are in Thailand.

These dangerous areas of The US are also isolated pockets and not the norm as in Thailand.

There is no question of Klong Toey or Pattaya being more dangerous than probably the worst 20 areas in the US - no question - a bad area in America makes Thailand look safe wherever you may live in the kingdom, no question about it.

First you say Pattaya is more dangerous than the worst 20 areas in the US then you say a bad area in America makes Thailand look safe wherever you may live. So which is it mate? :o

I can give an example.The island of Koh Tao, where a large proportion of Thai males carry guns,especially at night. This information came from a Thai .

I though Koh Tao was a place frequented by backpacker toursists. Any idea why they would carry the guns and if they do why do the police not arrest and charge them for it?

look around...thailand is a military/police state in disguise, that's why so many guys have a gun, even security guards have them :D

Yes good point devildog and I wonder if those figures include the murders that the Police commit themselves. IE. The anti drug campaign. The only Security Guards I have seen with weapons have been bank guards not the normal run of the mill guards.

Why do you say you're not a sex tourist? What are you doing in Thailand? Culture?

No I happen to live here as a single parent looking after my 4 year old son. Smart ass!!!

. The only Security Guards I have seen with weapons have been bank guards not the normal run of the mill guards.

Exactly!.... the average guy who laughably pose as "security guards" is likely to be an aging, under-sized old codger with a piece of wood which is supposedly a night stick.

It's a job for those aren't capable of much more than signing a log hourly and snoozing most of their shift.

security guards in the usa are likely to be infinitely more professional, albeit a fair amount of those obtaining these jobs have criminal records...

No I happen to live here as a single parent looking after my 4 year old son. Smart ass!!!

Welcome to "Larry's World", JacknDanny...

The lonely, angry world of someone who makes every effort to post the most negative, derogatory comments. (A review of his posts bares this truth)... It's a world that's best to avoid by not commenting to him directly... but nevertheless, regretfully some of his comments are beyond taking a pass on which happened here. As he is out of the country now, I was just hoping it might be a permanent move, thus sparing us his spiteful, vengeful, and angry world.

Don't get dragged down to the same

The lonely, angry world of someone who makes every effort to post the most negative, derogatory comments. (A review of his posts bares this truth)... It's a world that's best to avoid by not commenting to him directly... but nevertheless, regretfully some of his comments are beyond taking a pass on which happened here. As he is out of the country now, I was just hoping it might be a permanent move, thus sparing us his spiteful, vengeful, and angry world.

Many people do not plan their lives very well and must make due.

Many people do not plan their lives very well and must make due.

What a nasty bastard you are KL. You know zero about JacknDanny.

Stay in the UK, & don't come back to LoS.

You won't be missed. :o

. The only Security Guards I have seen with weapons have been bank guards not the normal run of the mill guards.

Exactly!.... the average guy who laughably pose as "security guards" is likely to be an aging, under-sized old codger with a piece of wood which is supposedly a night stick.

It's a job for those aren't capable of much more than signing a log hourly and snoozing most of their shift.

security guards in the usa are likely to be infinitely more professional, albeit a fair amount of those obtaining these jobs have criminal records...

I work in security sir in the US, Most of the people are not professional at all. They are either working in the field to better themselves by going to school or to have a job. To pay the bills. I work in a government job also and I work with some men that don't give a ###### and some do the best job they can. The ones doing the best they can were former military men. As myself. I work security at a nuclear power plant also which is the sad part. The men that do a lousy job are not here for long though, I'll tell you that at least.

Funny sir the man that does the best job is asian I bet that old codger that you see as an average security guard could probably in the end do the job when he is forced to. How about you sir Put on a uniform and see how you do?? The company I work for does a background check sir and most of the men I work with are not former criminal's. There are places I'm sure that does happen but it is getting fewer and fewer believe me. Funny thing is I'll be the first to respond if their is ever an incident at where I work. Not the police or the Military. And if they are terrorist's that hit us I feel sorry for them. :D

Edited by DragonLad

5. Mexico 3,589 (2000)

6. Zimbabwe 598 (2000)

7. Germany 384 (2000)

8. Belarus 331 (2000)

10. Ukraine 173 (2000)

Coming from South Africa, yes, it really is violent sometimes. But one thing is surely very different. The law is applied equally to all, even foreigners. That is the core of the problem in Thailand. As someone said, in a civilized society the law is enforced without bias. All countries have loose cannons, but here it's institutionalised.

One hear a constant stream of excuses as to why the Thai is 'special'. That in itself is an admission that you are dealing with an uncivilised society. We all have our cultures, hangups etc. No different really. How we react to 'insults' to those beliefs and cultural hangups is what we should be judged on.

Gotta go Colombia :D Missed one :o

What a nasty bastard you are KL. You know zero about JacknDanny.

Stay in the UK, & don't come back to LoS.

You won't be missed. :o

Read the thread.

As for JacknDanny, I never said he was a sexpat. Go back and read dude. I asked him a direct question and he gave a direct answer. A reasonable response, from a committed parent. Not someone I would have any interest in criticizing.

Only insults here are from srirachajohn: "Do all of us poor, unsuspecting potential crime victims in Thailand a favor... and stay in the USA.

Without your compassionate presence here, Thailand is much more civilized."

And yours above.

Quick to ignore others (constructive/objective) opinions, throw insults and hide behind the same old BS party line "stay in Farang land if you don't like it."

Same old low IQ crap. How about a little intelligent debate.

UNBELIEVABLE

5. Mexico 3,589 (2000)

6. Zimbabwe 598 (2000)

7. Germany 384 (2000)

8. Belarus 331 (2000)

10. Ukraine 173 (2000)

Sorry, but there's something about these stats that make me question their validity. To think that there are 55 murders, by firearms no less, on a DAILY basis in Thailand, seems totally unfathomable and thusly, unbelieveable.

It does seem a bit high. If there were that many, I'm sure some local like "Sorayuth" (the "make 3 million a month reading the Thai Rath and Daily News on television" guy would have capitalized on it and made a television show about it.