Non Imm O Visa Run Jakarta

I've just received my new one year multi-entry non-immigrant 'O' from the Thai Embassy in Jakarta. No fuss, just application form, photos, copy of marriage certificate, copy of the wife's ID card (front & back) plus USD175. Allow three working days.

Have used that Embassy for many years..... they are just really great people...

Almost as though they were not Embassy type people at all....

Recommend them highly....

If and when you go back..... try and ask for Pak Suhadi.... the best.

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

hello

Is it wise to publicize the name of a government's employee?

It might imply something more than just the quality of their work, might it not?

Furthermore, when one arrives at an Embassy and ask for someone specific, that person might resent it and the staff might notice it. That would open a door to trouble for both the employee and the applicant, jeopardizing the position of such an employee.

No offence meant

hello

Is it wise to publicize the name of a government's employee?

It might imply something more than just the quality of their work, might it not?

Furthermore, when one arrives at an Embassy and ask for someone specific, that person might resent it and the staff might notice it. That would open a door to trouble for both the employee and the applicant, jeopardizing the position of such an employee.

No offence meant

What's wrong with naming names - It doesn't automatically give you special treatment or preference if you go to the Thai Embassy in Jakarta. I'm sure the Thai Embassy in Jakarta has their own way of making sure no one is getting any special treatment. But if one finds that a certain person in the Embassy is friendlier and more efficient than the other why not give recommendation and name that person (it's not like like he is taking bribe to get things done) - again it doesn't guarantee he will be friendly or helpful to the next applicant... so lighten up will you?

No need to show funds.

I submitted the application on a Friday and collected the following Tuesday.

I've obtained my visa in Jakarta for the last three years.

Edited by Stocky

I was thinking of going there next year did you have to show any bank funds for your multi and if so how much.

I should add a caveat, whilst I wasn't asked for evidence of funds, I know from the experience of others that Thai visa issuance is often whimsical, so I had with me evidence of funds in Thailand and a recent bank statement from Singapore, I also had a copy of the wife's Tabian Bahn, but I wasn't asked for any of these. But I would recommend you go with as much extra documentation as possible, just to be on the safe side.

I know that I can google but care to post the address for the thai embassy or just the district; Menteng, etc.? Also is it a 30 day visa on arrival for western passport holders at Sukarno-Hatta?

I lived in Jakarta some years ago and have fond memories...much rather go there for my visa than anywhere else in SEA if it's hassle free...

thanks for the info... :)

Thailand Embassy , Indonesia

74, JaIan Imam Bonjol

Jakarta Pusat 10310

Tel. (62-21) 390-4052 (hunting)

Fax. (62-21) 310-7469, 319-1411

Email. [email protected] , [email protected]

Public opening hours :

Visa Section: Monday to Friday (except official holidays) : 09.00 – 12.00 hrs and 13.30 – 15.00 hrs.

Visa on Arrival isn't free, the visa fee is US$10.00 for up to 7 days and US$25.00 for up to 30 days.

Edited by Stocky