Passionate Moving...

KMixon

First stepped my feet onto Asia, 1 March 2003, with friends. Knew I had to visit Chiang Mai, alone. Spent about 9 days here, and ran home to sell the car and bike. Arrived CMai e31May.

............................................................. :D .................................................................. :)

I always thought you were a long time Thai expat.

LaoPo

>>Hubby first visited Thailand on vacation courtesy of the U.S. government

Can you not just say your husband ? and why Hubby <deleted> ?

Anyway i am moving up there next month after several visits .I will give it a year maybe to see how i and family settle in .

What's wrong with hubby? Why not allow her to call him what she wishes?

Good for you, UG, for speaking up for us -wives.

I'm one of the Thai wife who using 'hubby' when I'm referring to my husband. What's wrong with HIM anyway ? Strang creature, I'd say.

Thanks everyone for coming to my defense! Don't worry, people like Thaifan2 won't scare me off -- I'm pretty thick skinned!

I think the term "Hubby" is in the same category as the "Mrs. My Screen Name" term that some male posters use. It's respectful and shows some affection. I just didn't think "Mr. NancyL" has the same feel as "Hubby"

I think "Thaifan2" is going to fit right in when he finally moves to Chiang Mai.

I'd love to be called hubby. My wife calls me fatty.

Thanks everyone for coming to my defense! Don't worry, people like Thaifan2 won't scare me off -- I'm pretty thick skinned!

I think the term "Hubby" is in the same category as the "Mrs. My Screen Name" term that some male posters use. It's respectful and shows some affection. I just didn't think "Mr. NancyL" has the same feel as "Hubby"

I think "Thaifan2" is going to fit right in when he finally moves to Chiang Mai.

Would you settle for Tubby? :)

I keed I keed :D

Would you settle for Tubby? :)

I keed I keed :D

fat chance of that :D

I did it the more extreme way. I sold up and moved here without even having visited first. :D

:D ..That's amazing but you must have known or heard something that attracted you.....come one...tell us :)

LaoPo

Hmm..not really. My family moved around a lot, so i grew up not feeling too "settled". Then i moved to Europe at 16 to a boarding school. Since then ive lived in the UK, US, and South America, as well as a little bit of traveling. But, Im a bit nomadic, and prefer to try out living in places rather than travel. I had never been to Asia before and figured that Thailand would be a good place to have as a kind of base. I also thought I would do a Celta (as a "back up") and I saw a course advertised based in Chiang Mai. So I spent 2 days in Bangkok, then came up to Chiang Mai..and didnt leave. Haven't even been to the Islands yet! I have visited a few surrounding countries though, and i adored Cambodia, but for livability in Asia (cost-wise also being a factor), Thailand is pretty great. Of course, having a bf here sways me more to stay here, plus learning the language. Its very easy to get comfortable here!

First stepped my feet onto Asia, 1 March 2003, with friends. Knew I had to visit Chiang Mai, alone. Spent about 9 days here, and ran home to sell the car and bike. Arrived CMai e31May.

............................................................. :D .................................................................. :)

I always thought you were a long time Thai expat.

LaoPo

Naaah. Coming up on 7 years.