Some Help With Directions

Randell

Hello I seem to need help again. I was given some information on a good local RX's Store by the old bus station. But my driving around hasn't come up with the right store yet. As still a bit unsure of my way around. This is the information I was sent by a very helpful forum member.

"The little hole in the wall RX store and on the same street as the old bus station just down from the 7-11 has always been a great place the owner is better than the doctors in Chaing Rai. He will also order large quantities like 1000 pills at a great price. I would go to him before going to a hospital or doctor. A really nice person. Sorry I don't remember his name. Don't ask him to use the abacus on the counter, only his father knows how to use it. Stay away from Bootes, overpriced and they will most likly want you to get new scripts."

Good Luck

So any one could illuminate me I would be very greatful Thanks Randell

If you mean a drug store I use the one on the corner of the main street as you turn up to the old bus station.

It's a wholesale place and you have to make your way through piles of boxes to get to the counter. I think I know the guy you mean but I usually deal with the lady there. She offered pharmaceutical advice to a friend of mine that he found helpful, gout medication if I recall.

I found the prices to be around half that in the main stream chemist shops.

Just find parking in the area and have a walk around. No telling what you might find. In that area you are better off on foot and out of the vehicle. Be careful as cheaper is not alway better, but if you know what you want and can tell the difference, give it a try.

For convenience and simple things I just use the shop in BigC. The one by express checkout and the fruit section. The girl reminds me of a friend of ours in Bangkok.

Indeed, sceadugenga is absolutely right. It's the cheapest one, that is for sure (most doctors with private clinics use this one too), but more than that: if daddy is in you meet a pharmacist that knows more about medicine than most doctors.

Though son and daughter aren't stupid either.

The one villagefarang mentioned is rather expensive, let's say about 30 % more expensive than the one in town.

So if you only want some paracetamol, ok, but if you need more expensive medicine, maybe even during a longer period I would suggest you follow sceadagunga's advice.

Cheapest is possibly the pharmacy in Mae Sai, about hundred meters south from the dependance of the Overbrook Hospital at the main road, almost at its highest point (the road of course, what else?).

Example: A medicine for bronchial relief.

Mae Sai 180 Baht, sceadagunga's 190 Baht, elsewhere in town 200 Baht, villagefarang's 280 Baht.

Stay healthy!

Limbo :)