Silver Jewelry-wholesale

My wife has bought quite a bit of Hilltribe jewelry mainly in Chaig Mai. She is thinking about starting a small business selling such items, also pieces from India and Bali. Can anyone tell me if there are any wholesale outlets forsuch .925 silver in BKK, I saw a post that said there were a number of outlets off Siom Rd, is this a good place to start?

From what I have seen the places around Khao San sell crappy stuff noit like the solid Hilltribe stuff. The wholesale prices fro the later vary so it pays to shop around. A few years ago I was quoted (by a good friend) 10,000 baht per kg.........then at a recent trade show was qutoed 15,000 baht for basically the same stuff. Shop around.

My wife has bought quite a bit of Hilltribe jewelry mainly in Chaig Mai. She is thinking about starting a small business selling such items, also pieces from India and Bali. Can anyone tell me if there are any wholesale outlets forsuch .925 silver in BKK, I saw a post that said there were a number of outlets off Siom Rd, is this a good place to start?

Turn right at the end of Silom: Charoen Krung Rd (aka New Road).

there are two major location in bkk - khao sarn rd and charoen krung. most of shops sell silver per gram - plain silver, silver with CZ and semi precious stones and with precious. I think chiang mai stuff will fit in simple silver category at 12-15 baht per gramm, surely not higher.

so, pick your stuff, weight it and make right decision to open a shop.

cheers

From what I have seen the places around Khao San sell crappy stuff noit like the solid Hilltribe stuff. The wholesale prices fro the later vary so it pays to shop around. A few years ago I was quoted (by a good friend) 10,000 baht per kg.........then at a recent trade show was qutoed 15,000 baht for basically the same stuff. Shop around.

How would anyone know they were getting the "proper stuff" and not something of an inferior quality? Just curious to know.