Visiting Someone At The I.d.c.

I have heard that an acquaintance has been recently arrested and he is now detained at the Immigration Detention Center. :)

Obliviously for overstaying his visa... but none of his real (?!?) friends dares to give him a visit!

What ever he did, I am thinking that a visit could recomfort him a bit... so I have decided to do it on my own.

I did a bit of research but I cannot find the exact location and opening times for visitors.

So a few questions are coming to my mind:

Is IDC still around Suan Phlu or did they moved, as well, to Chaeng Wattana?

Will I be allowed to bring something and what?

Should I carry my passport or only my ID driving license will be ok?

Cheers lopburi3...

In between, I had some information through an association who visits prisoners. The place remains the same, visits are from Monday to Friday 11.00am to noon. Have to be there around 10.00 am for registration with passport only. Cigarettes are widely expected.

Being busy tomorrow, I will make it on Monday.

I don't know details but am sure the IDC is still at Suan Phlu. There are readers who do know but it seems they have not read this thread.

Re Visiting IDC:

Take your Passport and a photo copy of both visa page and photo page.

Register before 10am - location behind and to the left hand side of old Immigration Office at Suan Phlu.

Have a coffee over the road while you wait for visiting time, which is later in the morning.

You can take a bagful of any food - no glass, no tins, and also few clothes, towel and toiletries (Totalling a grocery bag size is best).

Your friend will be most grateful, as it is a scary and over crowded place at best.

There are many food stalls in Soi Suan Phlu and a 7/11 over the road.

Good luck!

I don't know details but am sure the IDC is still at Suan Phlu. There are readers who do know but it seems they have not read this thread.

Re Visiting IDC:

Take your Passport and a photo copy of both visa page and photo page.

Register before 10am - location behind and to the left hand side of old Immigration Office at Suan Phlu.

Have a coffee over the road while you wait for visiting time, which is later in the morning.

You can take a bagful of any food - no glass, no tins, and also few clothes, towel and toiletries (Totalling a grocery bag size is best).

Your friend will be most grateful, as it is a scary and over crowded place at best.

There are many food stalls in Soi Suan Phlu and a 7/11 over the road.

Good luck!

Thank you for these recommendations... :)