Having Problems With Maxnet?

melbat

I have recently upgraded to 4meg with Maxnet. Before I had 2 Meg and all was good. Since I upgraded I have had nothing but problems. The Maxnet engineers (kids) have been here many times with new modems and wire direct to pole.. and many other so called solutions. None of them work. I still have pages drop or won't load. The connection dropping out.... In the mornings it seems fine.. but in afternoon it's terrible. In the evenings it's slow but bearable. I'm thinking of moving to CAT.... does anyone use CAT from phone line? Would it be a good move?

Make sure your on maxnet premier and be careful of any speed upgrades that shift you to indy or the new 3BB. Even tho they promise much faster speeds top end the reliability is terrible.

My Premier 3Mbit is 3Mbit all day every day to west coast USA, line stable and no drop offs. Tempted by these 8 and 12 Mbit packages out now but dont want to ruin a good thing.

Try this website run by Khun Woody as it shows all the latest speed test results from around Phuket, from the different providers & their respective packages. Anyone can participate & is easy to join the group. Woody's computer clinics (at one of his sandwich shops) every Sunday morning are also a good source for the latest information on all things computer including interent connections.

http://www.live-access.com/phuketinternet.aspx

This week there have been some strange happenings with limited or no access to some popular sites & many thought they were closed by the MICT. I don't know what really happened but there was an announcement about the opening up of a new international fibre optic cable to which Thailand is connected & this may have caused some glitches but supposedly should increase the access speeds.

Hang tight & do some research first. My perception is that all the providers have their ups & downs. I use TOT which has been quite consistent here in Chalong but TT&T Maxnet has now been basically taken over by an entity called 3BB, they have a stall in Central & I have seen them at the TT&T office in Poonpol Plaza.

Edited by Valentine

Been there done that. I've tried sampling almost everything Maxnet (BBB) has to offer in Phuket. Done the router dance too. I have settled on 4mb premier but I pay like 2500/mo. Works well most the time now, but speeds are not as advertised, particulary outside Thailand. Still get pages that won't load for a few tries on occasion.

they moved you to indy for sure, i went to sign up for 3bb last week(had maxnet 2years ago)

i told them permier 5 times, i circled it on the paper.

They were too slow so i went 2 days later to an other 3bb shop. did the same thing.

then i get a call next day to go at the office to pickup my modem.

then i have to spend 1hour waiting because then again they put me on the retarded indy package.

Now im waiting to be connected today and will definately have to go back to the office to change it back from indy to premier because 3bb forces their operators to put everyone on indy, unless they notice, to save money.

most people wont ever know they are on indy.

they moved you to indy for sure, i went to sign up for 3bb last week(had maxnet 2years ago)

i told them permier 5 times, i circled it on the paper.

They were too slow so i went 2 days later to an other 3bb shop. did the same thing.

then i get a call next day to go at the office to pickup my modem.

then i have to spend 1hour waiting because then again they put me on the retarded indy package.

Now im waiting to be connected today and will definately have to go back to the office to change it back from indy to premier because 3bb forces their operators to put everyone on indy, unless they notice, to save money.

most people wont ever know they are on indy.

How can you tell if they have put me on a indy package? My bill states I'm in PREMIER 4meg. and thats what i'm paying for. All I know is that the internet service is bloody awful..I find the engineers nice kids but next to useless. Cheap labour I guess. I would like to know about the CAT internet.. if anyone has it can u send a reply before I jump out of the frying pan!

How can you tell if they have put me on a indy package? My bill states I'm in PREMIER 4meg. and thats what i'm paying for. All I know is that the internet service is bloody awful..I find the engineers nice kids but next to useless. Cheap labour I guess. I would like to know about the CAT internet.. if anyone has it can u send a reply before I jump out of the frying pan!

I had CAT adsl at my old house in Chalong and it worked perfectly but it is a bit expensive. I paid something like 2000baht/month for a 2mbit.

Just for the record.

I use CAT EVDO and it has been very slow lately and cuts out a number of times per day.

Prior to that it had been reliable and fast enough for about three months.

All these so-called ISP's have good and bad times.

The only consistent thing with them all is that nobody takes any notice of a complaint.

The Govt's meddling in it does not help...a few days ago Amazon UK was blocked by MICT!!!

And don't forget that the 'high season" is here = a lot more people using the internet. I notice that each year we have a slow down problem every December/January period. System can't cope with the overload.

My Maxnet 4 Mb is really slow now, sometimes better to use edge/DTAC simcard

well as i have said, they came to my house with a mai pen rai attitude about their whole job.

They cut my tot internet, put the maxnet line ( what they call opening 2 wires and putting them together without covering it, leaving it hanging in the rain) instead of doing their job and putting the line through the wall..

2 days later still no maxnet.

good odds that when they finaly get to their business at the DSLAM ill be on the indy package :)

How can you tell if they have put me on a indy package? My bill states I'm in PREMIER 4meg. and thats what i'm paying for. All I know is that the internet service is bloody awful..

I don't know of any definitive way to tell which package TT&T has installed on a particular line, but if you go to the speed reporting site ( http://www.live-access.com/PhuketInternet.aspx/ ) and check your download speed to the US, you should be able to compare your speed to what others are reporting and get a pretty good idea of what you have.

And don't forget that the 'high season" is here = a lot more people using the internet. I notice that each year we have a slow down problem every December/January period. System can't cope with the overload.

That's what is so remarkable about this high season - international speeds in Phuket have actually gone UP in the past few months. Hard to believe, but true. See for yourself at http://www.live-access.com/PhuketInternet.aspx/

See if you are in the right place to get WiMax from TOT. I had it for a year, it never went down and was the fastest of any service I've had in Phuket.

I don't know the advertised speed, just that it was much faster than MaxNet or an air card. I got it because when I went to the TOT office in Chalong to get a land line and MaxNet, they said there were no lines available so suggested WiMax which was thb 1500 per month. The hitch is that you have to have a direct line of site to the hill in Phuket Town where the eight tower ares located.

That's what is so remarkable about this high season - international speeds in Phuket have actually gone UP in the past few months. Hard to believe, but true. See for yourself at http://www.live-access.com/PhuketInternet.aspx/

Woody, my Maxnet Premier 2 has gone way done in the past 3 or 4 months. I do post on your speed check site, have a look at my Premier 2 results. Terrible. And I have complained to maxnet, engineers called a few times, no improvement. They only check speed to Bangkok which is barely within spec, to US .... :)

Woody, my Maxnet Premier 2 has gone way done in the past 3 or 4 months. I do post on your speed check site, have a look at my Premier 2 results. Terrible. And I have complained to maxnet, engineers called a few times, no improvement. They only check speed to Bangkok which is barely within spec, to US .... :)

I agree... The Lads come here usually in the mornings when they know that the speed test is going to be good... I never see them in the afternoons. I am looking for a good alternative to Maxnet.. Recon my only choice in TOT... Can't be as bad as Maxnet right now.

my tt&t premier has been down since 8.30am in rawai. connections are down in kata too

hopefully they are fixing the lines dropping issue that's been going on in the past couple of weeks

Me too. Down at 08.30 exactly. Phoned a couple of times but Maxnet could not say when back on-line. Just came back about 15.00.

PS speed still well short of the 3 Meg I'm supposed to get, only 707 K

my tt&t premier has been down since 8.30am in rawai. connections are down in kata too

hopefully they are fixing the lines dropping issue that's been going on in the past couple of weeks

Me too. Down at 08.30 exactly. Phoned a couple of times but Maxnet could not say when back on-line. Just came back about 15.00.

PS speed still well short of the 3 Meg I'm supposed to get, only 707 K

regarding your speeds, which servers are you testing?

I am paying for 2mbit premier but i can download about 320kb/s so obviously i have been upgraded to 3mbit

663997535.png

663999826.png

664000330.png

Edited by wtk

been downloading @ 250k/s stable for last 10hours in ptown

although i had no signal for the past 2 days but that could be just one of their tech support monkeys making fun of me again, like when they drop my call 50times in row when they actually have to work.

• 2 weeks later...