Digital Photography And Plotters

Nio

I am interested in buying one of those Epson like plotters that can print poster sized.

Does anyone know if you can do this from a digital photo and if so what size or how many megs does the digital photo have to be?

This is for my own use, I am interested in using some photos I take for wall sized prints in my house.

Any of if any one is involved in this please let me know

Thank you

There are many shops all over BKK who print large (up to sizes of 50 inch wide) on both photo & inkjets & at reasonable prices too....

Are you sure you wanna go so far to invest in buying your own?

If so, contact the Epson store...

Apropos of which, can anyone recommend any good print shops (maybe with some rough prices). I've tried a couple I've seen (MBK and Fortune Town), but when I asked about colour spaces all I got was blank looks ...

A plotter is essentially meant for Vector graphics, not for photographs. What you are looking for is a large format inkjet printer. Most of the shops that do these large prints do banners

Photographs printed on thesets look reasonable from a distance, but I guess if you print it at for example A0 you are not going to be standing very close to it anyway.

The affordable large size inkjets are A3+ at about 20.000 baht (epson stylus 1390) with some patience you can get decent prints frome these.

The good papers and inks are expensive though, and not easy to find in Thailand.

I don't know if they have improved but I have had problems with Epson printers in the past.

If they are not used frequently the ink dries in the heads, clogging them, and replacements are expensive.