Buses From Mor Chit To Hua Hin?

wpcoe

Sorry, I can't help you with the timetable from Mor Chit but you could call the company

http://www.thailand-huahin.com/bangkok-hua...-timetables.htm

It is correct that it is four times daily and I believe the ticket is about the same as for the minibus, i.e. 180 baht or around that figure.

I've never heard of a bus to Hua Hin from Mo Chit. I thought you could only get them from the Southern Bus Terminal (which is very far from Mo Chit). In fact the last time my Issan family came down for a visit they came in from the north to the Mo Chit terminal and had to take an hour long taxi ride across Bangkok to the Southern Terminal to catch the bus to Hua Hin.

I would be interested if someone can indeed verify that you can catch a bus direct from Mo Chit to Hua Hin. The timetable posted above seems to be from the Southern Bus Terminal...

There is a new company running private busses to Hua Hin from other parts of Thailand. Maybe they have buses that stop at Mo Chit en route to HH.

I would be interested if someone can indeed verify that you can catch a bus direct from Mo Chit to Hua Hin. The timetable posted above seems to be from the Southern Bus Terminal...

Yes, my wife has used this service, but as said, there are only four tours a day to Mo Chit and vice versa. I think the two first departures from Hua Hin are 9.00 am and 12.00 respectively but can't remember the other two, and, as I said, I do not know the departure times from Mo Chit.

another option is getting a mini van from victory monument for 180bht, it runs every hour between 7am-12am

I've heard about those minibuses. Do they have comfortable seating, or just the standard bench seating like in hotel shuttle vans? Dare I dream and hope they have seat belts?

Also, whereabouts at Victory Monument are they? If I alight from SkyTrain, would I be able to see them easily and/or is there signage pointing to them?

The minivans have decent seating, but not luxurious.

The minivan station at Vitory monument is very hard to miss, there is a stairway up to the skytrain just next to it.

Just look for all the minivans and listen for a speaker with endless advertisings for "Pattaya, Hua Hin, Cha am, bla bla bla" (the guy sitting 30cm from it all day every day must truly be deaf).

They have seat belts on the front seats at least, I'm not sure about all the seats in the back.

I live in Pranburi about 20kms south of Hua Hin. I've used buses from there to Mor Chit several times esp when going to the airport. They leave Pranburi at 0830, 1130 and 1430. There is an earlier bus but I don't know the time (maybe 0530). Journey time is about 3.5 hours. From Hua Hin the buses are 30 minutes later. Fare from Pranburi 180 Baht (mid November 2009 when I travelled).

However apparently there are NO buses from Mor Chit to Hua Hin/ Pranburi. All enquiries there resulted in us being told to go to Sai Tai (Southern Bus Station). If anyone knows otherwise I'd be pleased to know.

Taxi to airport from Mor Chit is about 200 Baht and takes about 20 minutes. From Sai Tai, a taxi is about 700 Baht and takes about 40 minutes. Fares are metered and include tolls etc.

The minivan station at Vitory monument is very hard to miss, there is a stairway up to the skytrain just next to it.

Just look for all the minivans and listen for a speaker with endless advertisings for "Pattaya, Hua Hin, Cha am, bla bla bla" (the guy sitting 30cm from it all day every day must truly be deaf).

At Victory Monument take BTS exit #2, the minivans are downstairs.

Thanks for the location info. Hopefully even a directionally-challenged person like me can find them.

However apparently there are NO buses from Mor Chit to Hua Hin/ Pranburi. All enquiries there resulted in us being told to go to Sai Tai (Southern Bus Station). If anyone knows otherwise I'd be pleased to know.

Thanks for the schedule info. Somehow it would make perverse TiT sense that the buses only run *to* Mor Chit but not *from*.