Schengen Visa For Spain Without "carta De Invitacion"

I have now tried to get a "Carta de invitacion" as a sponsor for a schengen visa to spain for my thai partner.

On visiting my guardia civil and applying for this i find that they require a copy of my thai partners passport....

Thing is i am visiting Bangkok with her in January to get her first passport and then will be visiting the spanish embassy in Bangkok to apply for the schengen visa, so i do not have a passport at the moment to copy and give to the officials in spain with other documents to get a "Carta de invitacion".

I am thinking of just writing a formal letter and getting it notarised and witnessed by a solicitor. Will this be enough?

Has anyone been successfull in getting a Scengen visa for spain without having a formal "carta de invitacion" and what documents did you supply to support your application?

Any help

Schengen rules state that if the inviting party is paying for the visit, there must be a invitation, officially legalised by your "local" authoritie.

Yes i know that they state a letter of invitation legalised by authorite ....("Carte de invitacion")

what i need to know is has anyone got a schengen visa without having their letter legalised....ie just writen a letter of invitation and had that accepted??

Hi there!

All invitation letters, well at least for Portugal and Spain, must be notarised ( they will confirm that is you signing the original letterof invitation) because this is the way to prove the Embassy that it IS you that is inviting the Thai national to come over... that is why on this letter of invitation you will need to provide your name, full adress in Spain, passport number and "residencia" number and validity of both docs....along with the name, full adress in Thailand, passport number of the friend you are inviting. On this invitation you will have to state that you are sponsoring her stay in Spain ( providing accomodation & food) and that you will be responsible for her while staying whitin the Shengen states borders.

Because I have gone through this, I would suggest you to provide the number of days that she will be staying with you.. as well try to provide an arrival date and the number of days she will be staying for...you can make a flight reservation with any travel agent in Thailand ( get them to stamp it if it is a machine print out for the Embassy may require you to provide the travel agents name..) and quote the chosen dates.

Shall you require a sample of a letter of invitation please pm me and I will e-mail one for yourself( in English obviously)

In order to put the application on and most likely at the Embassy she will be required to provide information over her present job situation along with bank statement ( last six months) proving that there has been income coming from work. If she is employed she will be required to get a letter from her employer stating that she is going on a holiday for that period of time and that when she comes back she will still come back to that job.

The Schengen travel insurance is also compulsory and must be shown to Embassy along with flight tickets at a later stage if visa is granted.

Good Luck