Any Desert Racer's Here In Thailand?

highonthai

Cool picture brings back memories. Love the Vesco Skinny/fat tank very 70's...

Did the B2V many times myself. Seem's like only yesterday.

Are you from So Cal?

I'm not racing bikes so much anymore but a few years ago made the jump to offroad cars. You know what they say, " when you age you need a cage"

post-17260-1261201269_thumb.jpg

post-17260-1261201311_thumb.jpg

post-17260-1261202037_thumb.jpg

This is my first builld. Yes I'm building it in Thailand, Suratthani to be exact.

I've spent the last few months planning every detail down to the last weld!! Even to the point of building 2 prototype half scale models. The first was plastic tubing. The second is steel. I'm actuallly going to install a small cvt scooter engine into the second prototype. IF i have any money left when i've finished.

This is not a Kit!!!

The planned engine is a stock honda civic 1.8 vtec. we are in the middle of planning how this will fit. The only details left to do are the gear linkages. The beauty of the buggy I'm building is that it will have a seperate detachable rear sub frame to mount the engine. this way almost any engine including bike engines can be accomodated.

The suspension is a double A design and fully indipendent. The shocks and springs will be coil overs with angled top mounts with pre drilled mount holes at different heights to allow the shocks be lowered and raised altering the ride height depending if used for off or on road. Steering rack and 2 sets of front hubs are also from civic.

I've chosen the civic engine as it's the easiest for me to convert to mid engine rear drive by 'simply?????' rotating the gearbox 180 degrees and using an adpter plate. the drive shafts just need locking off to ensure they only supply drive and no steering to the rear wheels.

All electyriics and ecu are from the civic, but the buggy will do without servo assistance for barkes and steering. The buggy should come in at under 350kg excluding engine.

What did you build and how did you go about it??? how come you decided to buy this last one? don't suppose you have any pics?

You say you intend to make it a road legal sand rail buggy..

I have looked into kit cars registration and even modifying VW floorplans with different bodies on and both lines of reserach comes up against the 'royal thai society of automotive engineers' or similar who must pass any chassis change.. Yet all responses so far indiacte they wont for home builders.

So can you explain how you think this can be done ?? Cos I would LOVE to import a fake snake 427 kit from the US.

Cool picture brings back memories. Love the Vesco Skinny/fat tank very 70's...

Did the B2V many times myself. Seem's like only yesterday.

Are you from So Cal?

I'm not racing bikes so much anymore but a few years ago made the jump to offroad cars. You know what they say, " when you age you need a cage"

post-17260-1261201269_thumb.jpg

post-17260-1261201311_thumb.jpg

post-17260-1261202037_thumb.jpg

CHECKERS ... WOW ... everybody knew the CHECKERS back in the day. That does bring back the memories. Yes. So. Cal. Eddie Mulder, Roger, Ascot Park, all of that. How about the Phantom Duck Of the Desert? LOL Man I miss all of that so much.