Guitarman Punk

harrry

I've been awake for at least 20 mins - I couldn't sleep! Last night was a resounding success. It was well attended and the young punks, despite their appearance suggesting otherwise, were well behaved. You missed a good night, but I think it will be repeated in the not too distant future.

Yeah a good night, a mainly young Thai punk crowd, I stayed the first half of the evening 6 to around 9.30, the bands were amaturish but fun, worth the entrance fee alone to hear Anarchy in the UK sung in Thai. I left when a bunch of farangs took over the stage and turned it into a kareoke night :)

Ah <deleted> didn't see this on page 2, I just posted this : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Punk-Night-G...ay-t323670.html

I had a great time - I came about half hour before you left Anon. It did get better - the English guys returned to the stage a few times, but the Thais won the day (and the main culpret dissapeared with a Thai girl he picked up arounf midnight - just before he turned into a pumpkin). I reaaly enjoyed it - the Thai bands were really friendly - and (possibly unbeknownst to Nicky and Nok) I shared some Lao Kow with one of the bands. Nice guys. Good laugh. Bad hangover!

PS: I didn't see the morning - crawled out of bed at midday - saw Nicky and Nok having a spot of lunch in Black Canyon in Big C and waved blearely with a spinning head! Went past the GM later that afternoon, about 5ish, in the hunt for a decent Pizza (Ring o fire!), but they were shut.

Edited by wolf5370

If Nicky does it again, I'll probably arrive later and see the better bands. I thought the Thai punks were a friendly bunch, I had a good chat with a chap called 'Nasty' who was a promoter of some of the Bangkok bands.

It seems us old punks are outnumbered by the Older Hippies though, we've only got the [now] 4 posts compared to the Old Hippies thread with an impressive 98 posts :)